How times change but God's word does not.

Peace to all.

Firstly, bear in mind papers, books and journals written, as well as all conferences
and other meetings that have taken place throughout the centuries, should never supercede Holy Scripture.

Holy Scripture, the Old and New Testament, is the heart and soul of the faith.

I wanted to put forward a point in general concerning all religions. I mention the church,
and I mention Christianity/Catholicism because that is my faith, but as I say, this
will apply to any religion.

I wrote this because I wanted to try and give people something to consider…

Whilst times change and always will, the word of God and the Holy Scripture does not.
This is the only thing that has remained constant throughout the centuries.

Principles that are acceptable in the church today, in the year 2014, were not accepted in the church in 1904.
Principles that were acceptable in the church in 1904, were not accepted in the church in 1704.
Principles that were acceptable in the church in 1704, were not acceptable in the church in 1504.
Now this formula can be taken back to the time when the church was founded.

And because all this has happened in the past, in the future, this is how it will also be, because over 2, 000 years of history has told man this.

Principles that will be acceptable in the church in 2104, were not accepted in the church in 2014 (our year).
Principles that will be acceptable in the church in 2304, were not accepted in the church in 2104.
Principles that will be acceptable in the church in 2504, were not accepted in the church in 2304.

So, when man asks today (2014), I can’t believe that was not accepted in the church however many years ago, so the same will be said of the men of this day. Men two hundred years from now, or even in one hundred years from now, will say, I can’t believe that was not accepted in the church in 2014.

Now this will go on until one day there will be little of God’s message left, but on each of those centuries, men will say, it is not wrong because that is our law and principles at the time.

So one thing I do know, man will always change laws to keep with the times of man…but God’s law and his word will always remain the same…

Only God knows if a man has sinned.

You are correct, eventually, 100s, even 1000s of years from now, people living at that time, will likely be looking back and either laughing or crying, at all the dumb, ignorant things those goofy people living back in 2014 did, this is only natural and we know for a fact it will happen.

besides religion, I like to wonder what other things in the modern world people far into the future will be laughing at us for, example, we look back and laugh when all the ‘experts’ thought radium was good for just about every common ailment, of course we know better today, it is assured, there are things we are doing and using today that will eventually proven to be deadly and very wrong/ unsafe, or immoral, unethical.

I think alot of people take for granted that God considers modern times and how the world works, but I have a feeling he does not, and we are expected to live by the same guidelines and rules as biblical times, God does not and can not change, ever, so whatever is modern makes no difference to God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.