How to address a bishop *within* a letter. Personal pronouns?

I know that the proper salutation in a letter is “Your Excellency”, however my question pertains to what is proper within the contents of the letter.

Are the personal and possessive pronouns “you” and “your” appropriate? (Or do I need to substitute “Your Excellency” in each instance in which I would otherwise use those pronouns?)

Ex:

" I share in the concern of those who believe that your … "

" I would like to ask if you would consider …"

Yes, ‘you’ and ‘your’ can be used, just as with any other title such as ‘Your Majesty’ or ‘Your Honour’ (which in my country is used for judges). No title need be endlessly repeated.

My Bishop hates formalities! When i wrote him i just said 'Dear Bishop (Insert first name) and wrote a normal worded letter!

“Your Excellency” is the correct form of address. You should not use Bishop [Name] unless you have been specifically told to do so by the bishop in question himself.

I personally substitute words like “your” with “Your Excellency.” It’s what I was taught to do.

This is correct, although few Bishops would be offended if a layperson did not adhere to this convention (and they probably prefer it, as “Your Excellency” makes for some awkward sentences).

I personally substitute words like “your” with “Your Excellency.” It’s what I was taught to do.

Correct. If you are British, you can get away with “Your Grace.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.