How to Ask Her Out Properly

Hello,

I am not Catholic and I’m homeless (like Jesus :slight_smile: ) …really.

Ok a couple months ago I found my dream woman in a food line at a Catholic House. Her daddy is the Father of the place. She feeds me! She even washes my homeless underware. She is wonderful although we don’t get to talk much as I go though the dinner line (just lots of body language). She prays and reads the Bible with her dad in the morning services. I think she is in training or something.

Anyway I think she is real about her love for God, …and (shhhhh) I think she likes me.

What I need to know is how to ask her out. I’m I supose to ask her daddy?

Should I just move in very carefully (under the radar) because I’m homeless?

Thanks!

Don’t ask her out.

What you seem to be experience is some kind of Florence Nightengale syndrome. It dosn’t sound like you’ve even had much of a conversation.

Please, get yourself up out of your situation, get a job, get a place to live. If you STILL like this girl then keep in touch.

Exactly. You seem to be a nice guy, but right now you have nothing to offer this girl. As a nice Catholic young lady she will be looking for someone to provide for her and her children and to protect them through the good times and bad. Also, she may already have a boyfriend you are not aware of, or she may be discerning the religious life. The best thing for everyone at this point, is for you to get out of your present situation and then reestablish contact and see where it goes.

Thank you

Yes, I feel very confident I have something very valuable to offer her …i.e. it’s priceless!

Plus, she’s probably got money all ready. …but it doesn’t matter. I can’t wait, what if she gets away!

What you seem to be experience is some kind of Florence Nightengale syndrome. It dosn’t sound like you’ve even had much of a conversation.

Maybe, I’ve allready considered this. But she doesn’t appear to be treating me indifferently.

What I need to know is if a regular person were to want her, would it be more proper to go through her daddy.

At this point I’m considering going under the radar.

Once she loves me everything will be ok.

Lovejoy,

Of all the places to meet someone, eh? :wink:

My suggestion is that you go through her father. That is the “proper way”.

Also, a woman develops a lot more respect for a man if she is willing to go to her father. She is impressed by his courage in doing so, his respect for proper authority and protocol, and for the honour he grants to her father in doing so.

All the best. :thumbsup:

Michael

Just ask her out. It’s not a big deal. She may very well say no but hey that’s life!

I don’t think the idea that you don’t have much to offer financially, materially, or whatever really counts for anything.

No you don’t go through her father. I guess if you are Amish or Mennonite you might but otherwise. . . It’s the 21st. century!

And don’t be too discouraged if she turns you down- there are plenty of fish in the sea!!

If you’re any more than a year older than her and her father has any sense at all he’ll have a hard time not threatening you with death if you so much as breathe on his princess.

And she can’t have much money if her father runs a homeless shelter. Plus it’s her father’s money. You HAVE to be able to provde, women who have children have a minimum of atleast a couple months where they are physically incapable of holding a full time job.

You ARE a regular person, you just don’t have a job or a home.

Florence Nigengale syndrome has nothing to do with how she treats you, but how you perceive her.

I don’t know you and won’t pretend I do. But you’re treading in dangerous territory. You don’t have anything to present to her. Love is a choice and not an emotion.

Get a job, get a place THEN ask her, a grown adult, to go out. But unless her parents are extraordinarily understanding or the both of you are over 30 this is just foolish persuit.

Please, please, please don’t take this the wrong way, but don’t you have other things to worry about than girls?

Just my opinion-if I where homeless, I would be way more concerned with things like employment, housing, food-those little things rather than women.

I second this.

[quote="Rascalking, post:8, topic:198044"]
Please, please, please don't take this the wrong way, but don't you have other things to worry about than girls?

Just my opinion-if I where homeless, I would be way more concerned with things like employment, housing, food-those little things rather than women.

[/quote]

Agreed!
A women does chose to love, but she also chooses a spouse to care for her and their eventual family. Do you expect her to find work, a house, and provide you all the things you need while courting her? How are you going to court her with no assets? Do you expect her or her father to pay for it all...I really think you need to re-evaluate what is important here...her happiness or your wants?

A women does chose to love, but she also chooses a spouse to care for her and their eventual family. Do you expect her to find work, a house, and provide you all the things you need while courting her? How are you going to court her with no assets? Do you expect her or her father to pay for it all…I really think you need to re-evaluate what is important here…her happiness or your wants?

I have plans for my new family! We will most likely become very wealthy. But I’m not sure if I’ll ever do it without a family, you know, to stablize me :slight_smile: Plus she’ll have to prove to me that money doesn’t matter.

It seems to me that it’s the woman and her family who provide the start out capital. Just look at Sam Walton. He was poor.

Please, please, please don’t take this the wrong way, but don’t you have other things to worry about than girls?

No, just my Lord.

Thanks everyone!

Obvious troll is obvious.

[quote="The_Bucket, post:12, topic:198044"]

[/quote]

Agreed. Something just seems....off. :confused:

[/quote]

I think you are right. That last thread said it.

There is a world of difference between a girl who washes a homeless guys underwear because she wants to serve the Lord and do charitable works and what a girl looks for in a husband.

I love being nice to the homeless because it gives me a chance to share the gifts God gave me. However, all women (ie women worth having) know that one of the biggest gifts God can give is a child. That gift is to be honoured and real women make sure the child will have basic shelter and food.

Don’t mistake her ‘being a good Catholic’ for wanting to date you

CM

[/quote]

Probably right.

Trolling trolling trolling,
keep those posters rolling,
trolling trolling trolling, rawhide!

Not that I blame him. We all get bored sometimes. ;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.