How to avoid Hell

To avoid Hell, it is necessary to obey the Church, the priests, one’s superiors, and one’s parents, even in little things.

To avoid Hell, it is necessary to be humble: dependant on God, making plans with reliance on His Will (“I will go here, if God wills it”, “I will do this, if God wills it”), praying without unceasing and giving thanks in all circumstances, mortifying oneself, accusing oneself of one’s sins, giving God the credit for all good things, thinking of others before oneself, being truthful and truly repentant in Confession, and changing one’s life after Confession.

To avoid Hell, it is necessary to go to Confession and go to Mass, and receive Holy Communion as often as one goes to Mass.

Disobedience, pride, and neglientance are what cause many to go to Hell, and they lead to terrible sins, especially sins against the flesh. Obedience, humility, and charity are what save souls from Hell, and they lead to wonderful graces, especially purity of heart. The man who is dependant on God’s grace to do all things and trusts completely in His Mercy will never be sad, for God dose not disappoint: He will give much to the lowly man. Yet the man who is dependant on himself to do all things and trusts in himself will never be happy, for God dose not satisfy him: He will take much away from the proud man.

Sounds a bit harsh to me.
Of course, all those things you mention must be done but then if not doing them leads to hell, nobody could be saved.
This is a question I ask myself often.
Jesus was very forgiving with those who ADMITTED their sins.
Remember the pharisee and the publican.
The pharisee was perfect and did everything the Jewish religion required, but was not saved.
The publican was a sinner, but had the humility to feel sorry for his sins, and was justified.
The rich man went to hell becaus he did not help poor Lazarus.
The rich man was too selfish for that.
Which, to me, means that selfish people too risk hell
Of course, I am no theologian, so I do not expect I have given you the correct answer.
Just a couple of things to think about.
You love God and you love your neighbour, you have the courage to call a sin a sin even when you yourself commit it and hopefully you avoid hell.
Hell is for those who refuse the love of God.
Hell is for those who refuse to recognize that God is our Master.
Hell is for those who die without feeling sorry for their sins, who refuse God’s mercy.
Feel sorry for your sins. Adfmit that you are nothing compared to Jesus and you can expect to avoid hell.

Eucharisted and Benedict:

You are both saying the exact same things. Take your posts and compare them line by line. The order is different, but the content is the same.

Ezechiel

18:23. Is it my will that a sinner should die, saith the Lord God, and
not that he should be converted from his ways, and live?

18:24. But if the just man turn himself away from his justice, and do
iniquity according to all the abominations which the wicked man useth to
work, shall he live? all his justices which he hath done, shall not be
remembered: in the prevarication, by which he hath prevaricated, and in
his sin, which he hath committed, in them he shall die.

18:25. And you have said: The way of the Lord is not right. Hear ye,
therefore, O house of Israel: Is it my way that is not right, and are
not rather your ways perverse?

18:26. For when the just turneth himself away from his justice, and
comitteth iniquity, he shall die therein: in the injustice that he hath
wrought he shall die.

18:27. And when the wicked turneth himself away from his wickedness,
which he hath wrought, and doeth judgment, and justice: he shall save
his soul alive.

18:28. Because he considereth and turneth away himself from all his
iniquities which he hath wrought, he shall surely live, and not die.

18:29. And the children of Israel say: The way of the Lord is not right.
Are not my ways right, O house of Israel, and are not rather your ways
perverse?

18:30. Therefore will I judge every man according to his ways, O house
of Israel, saith the Lord God. Be converted, and do penance for all your
iniquities: and iniquity shall not be your ruin.

18:31. Cast away from you all your transgressions, by which you have
transgressed, and make to yourselves a new heart, and a new spirit:
and why will you die, O house of Israel?

18:32. For I desire not the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God,
return ye and live.

That is not true and contradicts Church teaching.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.