How to battle moral relativism?

I am up against many people right now who are firmly morally relative. I can hold my own when it comes to using reason to combat it, but what are some good books or other sources that provide good information on how to approach it/ debate it?

Allan Bloom discusses it in “The Closing of the American Mind”.

From his Introduction:

“There is one thing a professor can be absolutely certain of: almost every student entering the university believes, or says he believes, that truth is relative. If this belief is put to the test, one can count on the students’ reaction: they will be uncomprehending. That anyone should regard the proposition as not self-evident astonishes them, as though he were calling into question 2+2=4. These are things you don’t think about. The students’ backgrounds are as various as America can provide. Some are religious, some atheists; some are to the Left, some to the Right; some intend to be scientists; some humanists or professionals or businessmen; some are poor, some rich. They are unified only in their relativism and in their allegiance to equality. And the two are related in a moral intention. The relativity of truth is not a theoretical insight but a moral postulate, the condition of a free society, or so they see it…”

Peter Kreeft has done some great things on Moral Relativism, including a book called A Refutation of Moral Relativism. You can also find some of his talks on his web site peterkreeft.com and download them for free. And he spoke at a conference on Moral Relativism at the Envoy Institute. A series of CDs and DVDs is available from them (envoyinstitute.com I think, although it may be .org).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.