How to become a Catholic in mainland China, ask friends to advise, not English, please forgive. [message in Chines; discussion in English]

在中国大陆如何成为一名天主教徒,请朋友们指教,不会英语,请原谅。

How do people type in Chinese? If I remember correctly there are different characters for each word, but I think there are different forms for writing words so maybe…

Well… Not quite. A character can represent multiple words.

Translated:

How to become a Catholic in mainland China, ask friends to advise, not English, please forgive.

Nǐ zhīdào nǐ zài nǎge jiàoqū ma?

I guess its like the Spanish word Fue, but how do they know the difference?

Context, if it’s anything like Spanish.

Anyway, on the subject of the Church in mainland China, I honestly do not know how one would go about joining. But you’re brave for wanting to do so. I pray that you have courage and perseverance moving forward and that you find an answer.

Did you use Google translate?

Yes,I did. Gives us an idea. May not be perfect but it works…

That was my own go-to.

What if the Chinese government finds out what’s going on here?

I don’t think you have to worry about the Chinese Government, but the OP might. I’d imagine he is aware of the situation.

I am just a bit concerned about the OP.

Why don’t we guide him/ her to the Cathecism.and reading sources ? Simple things…reading.
What do you think?

http://www.vatican.va/chinese/index.html

Anyone who lives under Communist rule knows the risks. They are taught to turn in their parents for the slightest infraction against the state before the first grade.

My first thought, since the “Patriotic” Catholic Church is the only one allowed in the mainland.

That’s nostalgic of the 50s-60s.

It hasn’t changed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.