How to become a Catholic in mainland China, ask friends to advise, not English, please forgive. [message in Chines; discussion in English]

For Everyone’s Information

It is very likely that the Chinese Government :cn: and “others” monitor CAF looking for information.

@zhouda

不相信任何人

两位天主教神父是梵蒂冈认可的.
Father Joseph Tang Yuange 平安桥大教堂在四川成都.
Father Wang Xiaoxun 安康教区在山西省.
Source: https://www.scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/2050553/two-chinese-bishops-recognised-vatican-ordained

I would be careful on here. The Vatican doesn’t officially recognize the national Catholic Church in your country. I think it would be best if I left it at that.

我会在这里小心。梵蒂冈没有正式承认贵国的国家天主教会。我认为如果我把它留在那里是最好的。

Yeah, I’m bright enough I got that piece of information well before I made the post.

I guess drawing a parallel is a bit impossible for some folks.

That’s a very looooooooooooooong stretch indeed.

The Vatican has not said the sacraments are invalid so one can go to the patriotic church and receive Catholic sacraments and be a Catholic.

http://www.chinacatholic.cn

The Chinese government is probably already aware of the situation.

The sacraments are valid, though illicit, similar to the SSPX

The difference is the nature of the conscious act of choice would be different.

One way would be to find the underground Catholic Church, to go to a meeting, and ask the priest or people there.
Another way would be to go to Hong Kong and go into a Catholic Church there. The Catholic Church hasn’t been driven underground there.
Unfortunately, this individual doesn’t seem to know English. Hopefully, the Chinese replies here give good advice.

I don’t think the Catholic Church encourages the faithful to break the law of the country they live in.

Assuming the law does not require one to violate Church teaching and/or morality, it doesn’t.

So which chuch teaching exactly is one violating when attending the CPCA?
Please quote evidence.

I have no dog in this fight. I only intended to say that.

1 Peter 2: 13

Christian Citizens.*
Be subject to every human institution for the Lord’s sake, whether it be to the king as supreme
or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the approval of those who do good.
For it is the will of God that by doing good you may silence the ignorance of foolish people.
Be free, yet without using freedom as a pretext for evil, but as slaves of God.
Give honor to all, love the community, fear God, honor the king.

From Haydock’s Commentary:

“Ver. 13. To every human creature,[5] to every one whom the order of Providence has placed over you, whether it be to emperors or kings, who have the supreme power in kingdoms, or to governors of provinces; obey your temporal princes, though heathens and idolaters, (as the Roman emperors were at that time enemies to the Christian religion) in all that is not sinful and against the law of God: for this is the will of God, and all power is from God. See Rom.s xiii. In like manner (v. 18) servants must be subject and obey their masters, though they be infidels. See 1 Cor. vii. By this you will silence the ignorance and calumnies of foolish men, who pretended that the Christian religion taught them to be disobedient to princes, and to be subjects of Christ only, their supreme spiritual king. Wi.”

God given authority cannot be used against its very source.

Where did the OP go? I would think that contact with the Church in Taiwan might avoid some official difficulties.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.