I am a young woman who recently graduated from a catholic college with a BA in Liberal Arts and am trying to discern what the next step is. In particular, I'm trying to figure out if I should go ahead with my most recent plan of earning an MA in Theology. I am not rolling in money, and am hesitant to become further in debt, especially as it is likely that I will get married within the next couple of years. I also would not be able to take traditional on campus classes. The reasons I am thinking of going for it are:
1) that I am very interested in learning more about my faith,
2) I feel called to try to help others grow spiritually, emotionally, and in every other respect possible
3) Even though my plans for a future career have flip-flopped back and forth between many different things, teaching, in some form or other has almost always been one of the things I am interested in
4) While I fully realize that this degree is hardly going to have me rolling in money, it will give me a better chance at a job than I currently have
5) and finally, (and yes, I realize that this is a very weak reason) I would really like to have at least a masters in something
So, what I'm hoping for is both help discovering whether or not I ought to take a Masters course and also advice as to the pros and cons of the various courses available online.
Thanks in advance for all your help!