How to Cope

I am a teenager with a problem: the longing for a partner. It might be a bit too early to be thinking about such things, but there the feeling is, and it stays with me throughout my whole day, every day. The problem is compounded by the fact that I don't know a single person who shares my moral views, increasing my sense of loneliness.

That I see someone every day whom I am drawn to like a magnet to a refrigerator door, but can't do anything about it doesn't help either.

I will give you the true words that my father gave me, when I was in your exact shoes:

It will happen when you least expect it. Have Faith and pray.

I have prayed for you.

[quote="Luigi_Daniele, post:3, topic:259452"]
I will give you the true words that my father gave me, when I was in your exact shoes:

It will happen when you least expect it. Have Faith and pray.

I have prayed for you.

[/quote]

That is very, very true. (:

Spend a lot of time around your parish and with the youth group, etc. It'll be much easier to find someone with your values if you put yourself in an environment where it's more likely. God bless you! I know you will find someone just stay strong in your faith. I will pray for you.

[quote="Just_One_Touch, post:1, topic:259452"]
I am a teenager with a problem: the longing for a partner. It might be a bit too early to be thinking about such things, but there the feeling is, and it stays with me throughout my whole day, every day. The problem is compounded by the fact that I don't know a single person who shares my moral views, increasing my sense of loneliness.

[/quote]

I know the feeling. It's even worse when you long for someone to hold tightly and love, but know you can't have it

[quote="Just_One_Touch, post:2, topic:259452"]
That I see someone every day whom I am drawn to like a magnet to a refrigerator door, but can't do anything about it doesn't help either.

[/quote]

Likewise, luckily I only see the guy twice a week (college class)

Don't worry. You are not alone. I was in the same situation as a teenager. Guess what? I got my girlfriend when I graduated high school at the tender age of 18. When you are a teenager your problems feel biggger than the world, but you soon realize nothing is as bad as you think. The time will come when you meet somebody that also shares your values. For now don't worry and enjoy your life, don't get depressed. Know that things will change.:thumbsup:

[quote="Just_One_Touch, post:1, topic:259452"]

[/quote]

the need in adolescence should be directed toward learning the art of friendship and building friendships, not toward finding a romantic partner. You need friendship before you have the maturity and gifts to offer a romantic partner later in life at the proper time, which is when you are ready for marriage.

[quote="puzzleannie, post:7, topic:259452"]
the need in adolescence should be directed toward learning the art of friendship and building friendships, not toward finding a romantic partner. You need friendship before you have the maturity and gifts to offer a romantic partner later in life at the proper time, which is when you are ready for marriage.

[/quote]

And what for us who can't have a romantic partner?

Dakota, I see from your other posts that the problem for you is SSA. I cannot offer any advice but I’m truly sorry for your pain. I pray that you find comfort and fulfillment in God’s love for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.