How to do blockquotes correctly?

How do you do a blockquote without the word “blockquote” appearing at the beginning? I never had this problem on the old CAF, but even after all this time on the new forum, I just can’t figure it out.

( :shushing_face: don’t tell anyone that I still don’t know this answer)

reply to the post and select the quote icon, the first in line (shaded on my picture)

from inside the post, highlight what you want to quote and a quote tab should appear select that

this is with a Chromebook, not sure if same on phone or window unit

I’ve been quoting non-CAF material from other sites using the quote marks on the CAF toolbar or control shift 9 and cannot get > Blockquote to disappear. I’ve tried to end the quote by typing < Blockquote or ] blockquote and other similar trials. Maybe it just doesn’t work. But I thought I’ve seen other people doing this successfully and was wondering how.

Two ways, I think. Replace the work Blockquote with what you are pasting (or typing), or type the greater than sign and type or paste.

I’ve been quoting non-CAF material from other sites using the quote marks on the CAF toolbar or control shift 9 and cannot get > Blockquote to disappear. I’ve tried to end the quote by typing < Blockquote or ] blockquote and other similar trials. Maybe it just doesn’t work. But I thought I’ve seen other people doing this successfully and was wondering how.

Is that along the lines of what you want?

Yes, I think this is exactly what I want. I will experiment. THANKS!!!

1 Like

All I do is highlight the area that I want blockquoted and hit the Blockquote icon.

Does that with copy/paste from external sites?

If that question is addressed to me then yes. After the copy/paste just highlight the area and hit the Blockquote icon.

1 Like

gracepoole . . . .

Cathoholic, any chance you might adopt this approach so quoting your messages isn’t a really, really difficult process?

I think I have asked you several times to stop criticizing me personally for the posting style I have adopted.

Please stop it.

Then please stop “non-critically” asking me to change the style that I post with.

If I want a thread to be about me personally, I’ll begin one.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.