How to end prayer

Advance apologies for a very lame question, but…I do not know how to end prayers.

Just say ‘Amen’?, ‘Amen’ then ‘In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit’ and ‘Amen’ again? Second choice, but leave off the first ‘Amen’?

Thanks for your help–KC

If it’s a group prayer I suggest ‘Amen’ then ‘In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit’

If you’re on your own then say ‘Amen’ and make the sign of the cross, you don’t necessarily have to say ‘In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit’ outloud.

Good to know and thanks, I knew there’d be something simple. I didn’t mention–I tend to over think these questions.:slight_smile:

“kim” It’s not a lame question!

I start and end my prayers with: “In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.” (while making the Sign of the Cross).

Hope this helps. God bless. :slight_smile:

I always end my night prayers by saying “Lord Jesus, I commend my soul into Your Merciful Heart. Please keep me close, and grant me another day in the morning. Amen.”

Sign of the Cross.

-Jeanne

I like to say I love you, then in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Thank you guys, I’ve got to practice the Sign of the Cross more. I think they change when they do it at Mass to trick me–it always catches me off guard.:o

:smiley: :wink: Awwwww. No, I assure you… they’re not out to trick ya! I know it can be confusing, because sometimes… people will make the Sign of the Cross… independently… throughout different parts of the Mass. I think this is sometimes related to a custom they learned as children… or perhaps an inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

But as a general rule… there are only two “typical” times to make the Sign of the Cross. At the start of Mass… and at the end of Mass. That’s what most people do.

God bless you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.