How to forgive yourself

I was wondering if you know of any good articles or books about the subject on how to forgive yourself for not doing something. In terms of regret. Or generally on how to forgive yourself.

what helps me is remembering that God can make something good come out of anything...even our worst mistakes

[quote="Monica4316, post:2, topic:178726"]
what helps me is remembering that God can make something good come out of anything...even our worst mistakes

[/quote]

I agree.

Good question. I sometimes struggle with this too. iIve confessed some sins several times because I just couldn't forgive myself. Then a priest told me a very important thing: that I have to trust God who has forgiven me. Not doing that is pride which demonstrates doubt in God's love and forgivness. It's difficult and I still struggle with feelings of shame and regret on certain issue but I pray for humility and to fully accept God's forgivness.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.