How to forgive yourself?

All of my life I have for some reason thought that I was so bad and am so conscious of every little sin I commit. I have always feared that God thinks that I am a bad person because I have commited so many sins in my life. Even when I go to confession I never feel relaxed about it. The guilt I feel is horrible. Is there a prayer or some way I can better learn to forgive myself. I think it is Satan that wants me to think that I will never be as good as I should be. I wonder why I am so hard on myself. I love God and pray all the time through out the day. I pray my rosary, and ask God constantly to forgive me for my sins. Whatelse can I do? I go to confession often and try and get to mass every sunday.

My advice would be to sit down with a priest and talk about your feelings. All of us are more sinful in some ways and less in others.

God bless,

Ed

Dear Flower Lady,
I read your public profile and admire you very much for all that you are achieving despite your disability. When you feel so worried about ‘sins’, doesn’t it help to know that Our Blessed Lord loves you with an all-embracing love. You are His beloved child - unique and cherished by Him. He doesn’t expect us to be saints. It must surely give Him great joy that you lead such a devout, prayerful life - a perfect example for the grandchildren you love and whose company you so much enjoy.

May God bless you and give you peace.

Hi flower lady :slight_smile:

‘Jesus I Trust in You’ (St Faustina)

Jesus to St. Faustina -

"O, how much I am hurt by a soul’s distrust! Such a soul professes that I am Holy and Just, but does not believe that I am Mercy and does not trust in my Goodness. Even the devils glorify My Justice but do not believe in My Goodness." (Diary, 300).

"My child, all your sins have not wounded My Heart as painfully as your present lack of trust does — that after so many efforts of My love and mercy, you should still doubt My goodness." (1486).

**“My Heart is sorrowful, Jesus said, because even chosen souls do not understand the greatness of My mercy. Their relationship [with Me] is, in certain ways, imbued with mistrust. Oh, how much that wounds My Heart! Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds.” **(Diary, 379).

http://s24.postimg.org/s91lh9u91/Crucifixion.jpg

33 When the soldiers came to the place called “The Skull,” they nailed Jesus to a cross. They also nailed the two criminals to crosses, one on each side of Jesus. 34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive these people! They don’t know what they’re doing.” - Luke 23:33-34

Divine Mercy Image - St. Faustina

http://s8.postimg.org/422f1cyxh/Christ_9.jpg

Jesus to St Faustina

"These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross." (Diary, 299)

"My Heart overflows with great mercy for souls, and especially for poor sinners. If only they could understand that I am the best of Fathers to them and that it is for them that the Blood and Water flowed from My Heart as from a fount overflowing with mercy. For them I dwell in the tabernacle as King of Mercy. I desire to bestow My graces upon souls, but they do not want to accept them. You, at least, come to Me as often as possible and take these graces they do not want to accept. In this way you will console My Heart. Oh, how indifferent are souls to so much goodness, to so many proofs of love! My heart drinks only of the ingratitude and forgetfulness of souls living in the world. They have time for everything, but they have no time to come to Me for graces." (Diary, 367).

"Tell sinful souls not to be afraid to approach Me; speak to them of My great mercy" (Diary, 1396).

"I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485).

Please continue to next post -

"…when you go to confession, to this fountain of My mercy, the Blood and Water which came forth from My Heart always flows down upon your soul and ennobles it. Every time you go to confession, immerse yourself entirely in My mercy, with great trust, so that I may pour the bounty of My grace upon your soul. When you approach the confessional, know this, that I myself am waiting there for you. I am only hidden by the priest, but I myself act in your soul. Here the misery of the soul meets the God of mercy. Souls draw graces solely with the vessel of trust. If their trust is great, there is no limit to My generosity. The torrents of grace inundate humble souls." (Diary, 1603).

The Message

How to Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy

http://s28.postimg.org/6bvy5pai5/Prodigal_Son.jpg

Sacred Heart of Jesus Image - (St Margaret-Mary Alacoque)

http://s7.postimg.org/4jx43bm1n/Christ_7.jpg

Jesus to St Margaret-Mary Alacoque -

**"Behold this Heart which has loved men so much that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting **(Crucifixion) and consuming itself (Last Supper, Eucharist) in order to testify to them it’s love."

I hope all this has helped.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

My goodness, I should never feel guilty again after reading this. Thank you soooooo much.
Thank you all you have helped me feel much better. I had never read a lot of this.

Thank you for your kind words. God be with you.

It was my pleasure. :slight_smile:

God Bless

Josh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.