How to get a miracle from God

Hello I am having a real hard time right now. I am so sad and depressed. I am not suffering depression. I just need a miracle and nothing is happening. I know I should pray for others especially the ones that hurt me and all that stuff. But how can you pray for people that screwed you or because of their decisions ruins your life when they can care less?
I want to get out of this. But the thing is how can you be happy for someone when your life sucks? I don’t want to feel this way but for me to pray for others that hurt me and all I need a little joy something good to happen. I have tried to pray for them but I start to get angry. I got such a long long way to go to sainthood. If we are called to be saints, I am screwed. This pain just won’t go away. I feel like I lost everything and no one could care less. I feel like God put me on earth as his personal punching bag. Scoob

Hey Scoob, it’s been awhile. I care and I’m sure there are others who do as well. It sounds like you are on the right path, considering prayers for those who hurt you. This is something that will strengthen with practice. I find that straight out just talking with the Lord about how you feel helps alot. He is very understanding and will teach you in every trial. Hang in there brother, Tim

God put’s people like this before us to help us grow.

I know that sounds strange and it probably isn’t helping you right now, but he does. What if everyone you ever met was nice to you? How could you possibly improve yourself? How could you possibly become more filled with Grace? How could you ever learn to love the one that aren’t so easy to love, which is what God wants us to do? And if you are trying to become a Saint as you said you are, how could you do that if the road is filled with no pain? Remember, it’s easy to love the good ones, but there is no spiritual growth from that.

This is only my humble advice, but you should go to Church or a retreat, or someplace quiet and just meditate. Meditate on God’s love for you. Meditate on your life and Gods plan for you. Try and listen for His word. Shut out the noise and the people around you. Stop praying so hard and just listen, He knows what you need already! He loves you and he wants you to grow in Him and really isn’t that all that matters? Please Him, not others, and you will be far happier than you ever thought possible. I’m sure God is already talking to you, but sometimes this world is so full of noise we can’t hear Him.

I’m on my own journey to peace in my life, and I’ve found that meditating and resting in Jesus’s loving arms at a quiet Church in front of the Tabernacle has worked wonders for me.

I wish you Gods Blessing on your journey…:slight_smile:

Start reading the lives of the Saints, I think they felt the same way sometimes. The more I read about them the more awesome they are, one right after the other.

Remember how St. Therese, I believe it was, once fell into a mud puddle off of the carriage that was carrying her? (I believe it hit a huge rock or a rut in the road and opened up the door and threw her into the street.)She looked up to the heavens and said, “If this is how you treat your friends it’s no wonder you have so few”!!

You’ve been given great advice in the first two posts, sometimes just sitting with Jesus at Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and pouring your heart out to Him and then, like jimcav said, just listen, He will speak right to your heart. I’ll keep you in my prayers and yes, Jesus does want us to pray for our enemies. (Somehow you can’t dislike people when you pray for them.)

I know it’s redundant to hear I’ve been there hang on. I do not feel your pain, you do, and it hurts. You mentioned something about wanting to be a saint, well? I can guarantee you if that is so, this is a cake walk.

Apparently, someone has done something that you feel is unforgivable, but you must. Not, for them, for you. It is a journey, and one not without many tears. Start with the suggestions in the prior posts. Attend Mass as often as you can, adoration, etc. Most importantly offer up your suffering.

Do not stray from that narrow road. Do not allow anything to tempt you away from it. Thoughts of vengeance, etc. Remember, vengeance is God’s and God’s alone. Think of the suffering you have endured up to this point, and take another step. Leave them behind, but with your prayers. It will take longer than you believe you can endure, but keep going.

With God’s graces…

[quote=scoobydoo6v92; ]This pain just won’t go away. I feel like I lost everything and no one could care less. I feel like God put me on earth as his personal punching bag. Scoob
[/quote]

I have thought the same thing.

People treat me like dirt sometimes but it makes me love humans (No LIKE humans) less and love Jesus more so it is a good thing ultimately.

I love humans by praying for them & other Indirect kinds of things. I don’t believe God wants us closely involved with people who, over and over, are rude and/or hateful toward us.

If we "love " / need those kinds of people & because of that can’t seem to get them out of our lives (heads/hearts) for one reason or another, it is a serious problem :(. But myself, i can no longer really (enthusistically) love/like someone who is rude/spiteful/uncaring or whatever. I just began to figure that: they have no reason to act like that (that I can see) so why should I feel the need to deal with it (other than prayer)?

God loves you and people (Christians) are supposeed to love you as He loves you (Jesus said the 2nd greatest Commandmnet is to “love others as you love yourself”. The only probelm is that They never will love you like that, really, becaue they are human (selfish) etc.

One thing that helps me to pray for people who treat me poorly is to say what Jesus said dying on the Cross: Father forgive them, they know not what they do.

God bless you.:heaven:

Hey. It’s awesome that you’re making an effort to forgive someone. And it’s really difficult to even TRY that, especially when you think that their life is so good and yours isn’t. (Would it be a comfort to know that if this person is really that uncaring, then their life isn’t that wonderful?)

Give the person up to God, but don’t dwell on your difficulty forgiving. Maybe someday, when the raging emotions cool down, you will be able to return to this and forgive 200%, but right now, it might be better to try to let go of thinking of the other person altogether.

Moving on takes effort. Your mind has been filled with anger and injury (which is natural!) but you can’t replace all that stormy mental activity with nothing: you need to move to something else. People gave some great suggestions in posts before me, and also, since you are feeling like your life isn’t ideal right now, maybe you can reflect on what might be a good next step in life. (I know. Easier said than done. But look at it as an opportunity; this turn of events might lead to a very good change in your life.)

And I know you’re looking for a miracle. Please don’t feel mad at God if you don’t get a miracle right now. You can’t “test” him, or give him “deadlines” to heal you. I know it’s easy to get impatient when no instant epiphany comes. Sometimes, the hardest trial is sticking to your faith even when God doesn’t seem to be present in your life. But he’s there: in Romans St. Paul says: “I am convinced that neither death nor life, nor angels nor powers nor principalities, nor things past, present, or yet to come, nor great heights or depths, or any created thing, can stand between you and God’s love, which is Christ Jesus.” He’s there for you. He didn’t put you on Earth to punch you around. He’s on your side. But when the devil tries to knock you down, stand firm. It will all pass.

You’ll get over this person and this injury. Hang in there!

Hey it sounds like you have some rock-solid advice here from people who do care.

My mantra for a long time has been–“Jesus, I trust in you!” whenever my life goes from bad to worse and it does often, this is what I say. When my life is good and things are on the up and up, this is what I say.

God gives us no more than we can handle, though at times our crosses seem to big and too heavy. You have to trust God and that miracle will come. Maybe not the way you thought, just in the way He sees best for you.

Don’t let your faith guard down. Then you become vulnerable to Satan. He will make you believe that God has left you. God does not do that. God is incapable of any evil. Pray for yourself. I have never heard that praying for your own self is wrong. Just talking to Him is a form of prayer!

Keep the faith! I will pray for you and ask God to ease your burdens.

I hope this helps in some way.

Swim in His unfathomable Mercy, you will never regret it!

LORD, Jesus Christ, Mary Mother of Jesus, please guide scoobydoo to a Good and happy Path. though he were in pain, he did not blaspheme against His will, and he love Him always. He will love Him and endure suffering patiently, and know that God never give us the suffering that we can not bear. We are Christians; it is not permitted us to keep anger in the heart. Jesus Lord please, give a chance miracle scoobydoo to get well and happy.
Please help all we are in God, Thanks be to God. roselily

In my opinion, waiting for a Miracle is meaningless. On your prayers, ask God to help you to see the miracles on every seconds in your life. If you are going to office, you can see lot of incidents where God really intervened on your life but to see or understand that, it was happened by God is really the miracle.

What I understand from your posting is, you are struggling with some issues and you want to get rid of it. If you can survive on your situation, then that will be more good. Because, we people prays to God for getting help for our living but we must pray to get help from Holy Spirit to survive critical situations on life.

We only follow Christ and forget the crucification. We need only the glory but the Resurrection happened only after the Crucification. So if you can stand on the present situation and win with holy spirit, He will lead you to the next step of life.

At the same time, if you can’t stay on the situation then move to some other place.

I will remember you on my prayers.

Hi Scoobydoo 6v92
Miracles are there but so is your pain, pain often blinds us from the wonderful gifts God is giving us but forgiveness is the healing balm for pain. It dosent mean that the pain leaves immediately as we would like but keeping focused on wanting the best for those who have wounded you will help. Having angry thoughts will only lead you into more pain and those who have hurt you will not know of your suffering. Love them as much as you can and with little steps it will pass. God bless I will pray for you. Cheers

I woke up this morning and was thinking of you. I have had many times recently that I thought I would die from the agnoy of the circumstances I am in. Not so. I have prayed and prayed and believed. The graces that I have recieved have not changed all my circumstances here at home, nior will they. God has given me graces to be stronger and to make the best of what I have. He has allowed me to learn from my sufferings. This is a miracle in itself. My eyes are opened to the fact that He has plans for me right here, right now. It was not exactly what I thought the miracle should be, but I am at peace with His descision. If is His Will, so be it. I too am working on some very bitter feelings for those who I still live with. I wish you the best at accepting what you can’t change, and finding some measure of peace within it. I remembered that I had found a Novena to St Theresa of Lisieux. It it is to help with the bitter feelings and resentments that you can’t seem to get out of your heart.

NOVENA TO SAINT THERESA OF LISIEUX

Bitter feelings and resentments, missionsaries, florists, concerns of children

St Theresa of the Child Jesus, during your life on earth you became a mirror of angelic
purity, of love strong as death, and of wholehearted abandonment to God. Now that you
rejoice in the reward of your virtue, turn your eyes of mercy upon me, for I put all my
confidence in you.

Obtain for me the need to keep my heart and mind pure and clean like your own, and to
abhor sincerely whatever may in anyway tarnish the glorious virtue of purity, so dear to
our Lord.

Most gracious Little Rose Queen, remember your promises of never letting any request
made to you go unanswered, of coming sending down a shower of roses, and of coming
down to earth to do good. Full of confidence in your power with the Scared Heart, I
implore your intercession in my behalf and beg of you to obtain the request I ardently
desire. (Mention your request.)

Say novena for nine times in a row for nine days in a row.

Remember, your faith in God will carry you through. He will not leave you. Jesus said-“I am always with you.” BELIEVE HIM!!

God Bless!

Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. 25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
Mark 11:22-26 (KJV)

Hello can anyone decode this passage for me? I have done all this I forgave these people that I am referring to. I have prayed for them. I also received for the one that has the job that I so so desire. I am trying to take the high road on this. But nothing is happening and I feel more and more hopeless. I prayed and trusted that I shall receive what I ask for, but nope SOSDD is what I get. I have forgiven the people I was upset about. I am mad at Jesus for not fullfilling his promise to me. I need prayers from all who will pray for me. I can’t move that mountain can’t even move a dust bunny it seems. God Bless Scoob.

Scoob -

We don’t always get what we want when we pray, and we certainly don’t get it on our schedule. God gives us what we need, and God gives it on the best schedule there is. But we don’t know that stuff, because we’re not as knowledgeable as God.

Sometimes even what seems bad to us can really be good for us. Mother Theresa went through a lot of bad stuff, and it made her a great saint. But she kept praying and trusting even when things seemed hopeless and dark, and that also made her a great saint.

So my best advice is to keep praying (like Jesus advised in the parable of the widow and the unjust judge) and to be patient.

Meanwhile, try not to brood on the stuff that makes you feel more depressed. (Automatic Negative Thoughts, some people call this.) Help out other people – that will make you feel better. Meditate on the life of Christ; He also suffered painful thoughts, poverty, and the rest. Remember to pray for yourself and your depression as well as other stuff.

I am praying for you. It will get better.

Hi Scoob,
I know how you feel. Putting a long story short, an ex-boyfriend was abusive twords me and his best bud threatned to kill my friend. I feel like going up to both of them and kicking them where the sun dosen’t shine, but I’m not. It’s hard, but I am praying for both of them that God will give them peace in their hearts. It’s only human to feel angry, don’t beat yourself up over that. If I can give you some advice, take walks. Go walk around your block or wherever. Being outside, by yourself makes you feel so much better. Also, just pray that God will give you the strenghth to fight this. It may seem like He’s not answering, but He works in mysterious ways. God will never give you more than you can handle. Hold onto your faith. It’s the most important weapon you’ve got.

I will pray that you will find peace:

Hail Mary
Full of Grace
The lord is with you
Blessed art you amongst women
and Blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners, Now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

-Jeanne

Hi Scoob
May God bless and give you peace. It is hard to put aside the feelings you have for some people and I have found the more I concentrate on the feelings, the more I centre in on them. A little exercise I try to do ( I don’t always succeed) is to bring my focus onto God and try to love him with everything I have in me, to sit there with him, asking for nothing and just telling him of my love, even if it is faulty, and let him know that it is all I have at this moment. There are no secret formulae for getting our prayers answered or even understanding what God is doing in our lives, for he has far greater plans for us then we have or can ever dream of. All I can say is that this has helped me. Again may God bless and give you peace and may he fill your life with the fullness of his creation. Cheers geoff

My dear friend
I don’t know what’s happened but it’s best not to question or doubt Gods will at all if you can. God is infinite and infinitely perfect and He does everything perfectly. We can’t see it very often because we can’t gaze at eternity like God. We must just trust Him no matter what. If you have pain and suffering this is a gift and the more you have the more God loves you. This cross is what will get you to heaven and perhaps a higher place than you imagine from what you say? Please try to pray for the others as this is for your own good and health. Resentments cause us much grief and suffering and we remove them by praying for the resnted people. The secret for you is to learn to accept your cross and to grow to love it. You may not like it but you can love it. This will happen when you see the blessings that come from it. Perhaps pray for this gift of understanding and insight into the cross. In the meantime just do your best and know that God loves you with an infinite love and He sees your whole eternity and loves you throughout that eternity. Hang in there. The prize is very great. Persevere and it’s yours.

God bless you and I’ll pray for you now. i’m off to make a visit to our Lord. i’ll offer up my visit for you tonight. i hope it helps.

God bless you:)

John

Scoob,
I will keep you in my prayers. I am sorry that you are feeling down and like a punching bag.

God gives miracles to people daily - you are no different. God loves you deeply. But it could just be that the miracle God granted you is a tiny one - such as coming to CAF and having strangers all around the world pray for you. That is some powerful stuff!

God can work wonders with tiny things - such as just one prayer.

Keep the faith Scoob, and your life will turn around. A bunch of us are praying on that to happen for you.

I too offer up the good with the bad. You can not only offer up part of you and not the rest. People always fear that God will hate them and they are condemned automatically when their feelings are less than neighborly. We are human and we are susceptible to making many mistakes. The Lord asks us to strive for perfection in all of our acts. He wants us to grow in Him and through Him. To follow in His footsteps as best as we can.

I think many people are afraid that they aren’t good enough. Yet we are no different than those people Jesus hung around. He preferred a sinners company if I am not mistaken. Becoming truly righteous to me is a lifetime journey. Only a select few have reached an odor of sancity before they died and these are all saints who suffered terribley on earth first. St Catherine of Genoa and St Faustina are examples.

If we don’t strive for perfection, then there is a problem. I think by scoob’s post he is showing he is already going in the right direction with his problems. Keep the faith and trust in Jesus. His cross was the biggest and baddest of all. Our crosses may seem too much to bear at times, but with trust and faith, we will come through okay. God does have plans for us all. Maybe not what we hoped for, nonetheless they are there. Suffering is one of the most perfect ways to recieve blessings and graces from God.

God Bless!

I really recommend reading the Book of Job. Suffering happens to God’s faithful, and sometimes it is His way of drawing them closer to Himself. You are relying on faith, persisting in what is right in spite of the darkness you are being afflicted with, and that is the way of sainthood. Being a saint doesn’t mean you don’t have any problems or don’t feel any pain. Saints suffer greater pain than the rest of us average Catholics. You are being drawn into union with Jesus Christ, who suffered on the Cross and cried out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

God has not forsaken you, but His ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts than our thoughts. He says in Isaiah 55:9, “as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my thoughts than your thoughts, and my ways than your ways.” Even one of Jesus’ requests of the Father was not answered. At the Passion, Jesus said, “if it is possible, take this cup from me, but not my will, but your will be done.” His desire to not be forced to endure such unimaginable torture was not answered, and He submitted, “not my will, but your will be done.” That is the situation you are facing, and at present, from what you have said I can see that you are saying the same words of Jesus. With Him, you have made a request of God that you deeply desire to see answered, in your heart, but you are submitting to follow Him even though He doesn’t answer in the way you want, and even when you are forced to endure pain as a result. With Jesus, you pray, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”, yet you are trusting Him and following Him in His way in spite of the fact that it is not your way.

Regarding the meaning of the passage you brought up, Jesus promised to answer the prayers made in faith, but He was assuming in His statement that the prayer of faith would be in line with the will of God. If your prayer is not answered, it doesn’t mean you are faithless, but that God has something else in mind. Perhaps here and now, his desire is that you be made one with His Passion in obedience, as Jesus was. The Scripture says that Jesus was “made perfect through obedience.” He was, of course, always morally perfect, but He who reigned above all things learned obedience in His humanity by submitting to God’s will in His life and death.

God is lifting you up now, with His Son, who was lifted up on the Cross and scorned by crowds around Him.

One of the things you need to understand about the saints is that they have been through what you are now enduring, and that is most of the reason why they are saints. They prayed, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” and they also endured the same prayer you have been speaking in your posts in this thread, “Father, if it be possible, take this cup from me, but not my will but yours be done.” Their experience and yours are being fused and made one. They felt exactly as you are now feeling, and through persistence in Christ in spite of everything, they found the Lord, just as you will.

Which doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get the miracle you’re seeking right now, whatever it is. Key to the life of a saint is self-surrender, which I can see you are already practicing, in view of the fact that you forgave the people who hurt you badly. You are learning Jesus’ Passion experientially, just as it was forged in the lives of the saints. They heard Jesus’ call, “For he that will save his life, shall lose it: and he that shall lose his life for my sake, shall find it.” And, “If anyone wishes to come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.” Christ is bringing you into a very, very special union with Himself that many of us have not yet experienced in the way He has given you, the way of the Cross. What you are called to do, then, is to submit to His will and follow Him as He sees fit, in whatever way He leads.

Here’s a really good sermon by Pope John Paul II on this topic. He was familiar with suffering, as I expect you know. He was shot by a gunman and forgave him. Here’s his message about the Cross.
oldarchive.godspy.com/meditations/Deny-yourself-pick-up-your-cross-and-follow-Me-Meditation-by-Pope-John-Paul-II.cfm.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.