How to improve orthodoxy here

I haven’t even been here that long, and I’ve seen some very misinformed posts. Is there any way to help the orthodoxy here?

Someone, please let me know! Thanks!

Reached post limit for today, but more ideas are welcome.

Note: I am not speaking of liturgical preferences and issues of discipline, which are non-binding and which we may disagree on. I am speaking of Church teaching. Not a “traditional” vs “non-traditional” dichotomy; simply Catholic orthodoxy.

And just what kind of answer are you expecting? You think that accusing this forum of modernism will make it better for the traditional Catholics who are here? It’s an apologetics forum. It’s meant for people to bring their misconceptions and turn them into corrections.

No, I’m just wondering if there’s any way to improve the orthodoxy here.

Oh okay, that makes more sense. Any official apologists here to curb the spread of modernism?

The forum is really pretty representative of your average parish and its parishioners. Seems to me asking questions and having debates is one of the best ways to improve education.

Depends on what you mean by “official”.

True, but at some point we’re going to need definitive answers. In one of Bishop Barron’s interviews, he says something along the lines of the Church acting as an umpire, bring everyone’s attention to the fact that debate can go too far sometimes. I’ve seen several people here quote magisterial teachings and then be accused of dissenting. :man_shrugging:

It really depends on who’s on at a given time, but there are definitely priests who come on here and give answers.

Is the “Ask an apologist” section still active?

Nope. It’s not just you. It has been infected with modernism for as long as I’ve been reading the forums. I barely even bother posting anymore. There are some good people on here, but I find the forums do nothing but hinder me spiritually.

You joined 34 minutes ago. How can you make that determination?

I joined because I’m interested in discussion, but I’d like to preserve my own faith and not be infected with modernism. Thank you for your comment @Mr_Freeze.

Out of posts for today! Thanks for your message!

There are also “traditionalist Catholics” who use those same Magisterial documents as proof that the current Pope is illegitimate. Bad citations cut both ways.

Sadly, no. I truly wish it was.

Aren’t these forums supposed to be for everyone? You prefer traditionalism and some others might not, why should everyone fall in line with your opinion?

Instead of casting aspersions in a vague manner, start a thread on a specific topic you want to discuss.

Throwing around “modernism” accusations isn’t going to get you very far, and disparaging fellow members of CAF is against forum rules.

I’ve been browsing the forums since I was in RCIA.

Yeah, those aren’t traditionalists. Those are schismatic sedevacantists. Their distortion of Paul IV’s Cum Ex is simply disgraceful.

Whoever commented that it is representative of a typical parish is spot on.

If you read the posts, I did give people the benefit of the doubt. Also, I said modernism, I didn’t call someone a modernist. Please make the distinction.

The OP also should be aware that this particular sub forum is for the purpose of discussing Catholic customs and traditions.

Hence why I put that in quotes. Improper citations can be used by anyone.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.