How to improve orthodoxy here

Topic has been moved into appropriate category. Thanks for the info, everyone! God bless!

…which is precisely why I attend the TLM. I don’t think I’ll stick around here, honestly.

@DeniseNY OP has been edited. I apologize if it seemed like an ad hominem attack before. I didn’t mean it, sorry.

[quote=“St_Paul_VI, post:18, topic:527660”]
said modernism, I didn’t call someone a modernist. Please make the distinction
[/quote]Isn’t that a distinction without a difference?

Probably better to start a more specific discussion about a misconception that concerns you than just accuse the forum of “modernism”. Are we talking issues with people disagreeing with official Church teachig (I’ve certainly experienced one of these regarding female priests tonight) or are we talking OF vs EF Mass, music preferences, head covering, etc.?

You’re certainly welcome to attend TLM if it’s your preference, but one must be careful not to feel superior to others for doing so. A person’s true ignorance on a topic also doesn’t make them less saved. That’s not to say I haven’t seen folks who aren’t at all open-minded and ready to learn on here. We must pray for those individuals.

At that time the disciples approached Jesus and said, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” He called a child over, placed it in their midst, and said, “Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me.” (MT 18: 2-6)

What does that even mean?

I don’t see how. The Ask an Apologist is gone. It is nearly impossible to find those old orthodox answers. The search feature does not work well.

The links that used to exist for resources are gone. It is hard to find the CA tracts that used to be linked.

The new format is all based on popularity rather than orthodoxy. There is no way to vote “down” a post that is contrary to the faith.

I don’t see how you came up with this? I am not reading any “accusation” and no mention was made of “modernism”. Many of the off base posts are not even from Christians, or are from very poorly catechized persons.

Orthodoxy is not connected to whether one prefers a traditional Latin Mass or a NO.

I agree. It is a valid point that there is not as much “correction” as there is need for it. People who are a good source for orthodoxy cannot be identified.

This is the basic problem. The vast majority of Catholics in the pews are not well catechized.

I agree, or I would not be here, but there used to be more reliable resources for orthodoxy.

I have not found it.

Yes, but that does not rule out that orthodox answers can be provided here.

This is a good example of the problem. Orthodoxy is not connected to “traditionalism” (whatever that means) as opposed to “opinion”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.