How to listen to what God is trying to tell me?

:blessyou:Hello friends!

I have this app on facebook that I look at once and a while and it says “On this day of your life we believe God wants you to know …” and then it will tell you something.

I have a situation going on in my life that I have prayed to God like crazy. And today it had me bummed out so I thought I would read what the app had to say. And it said:

"On this day of your life we believe God wants you to know …that you’ve been talking to God too much, and not listening enough.
Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you become quiet and listen to God. You’ve learned how to talk and ask well. Time to learn how to listen and hear, because God has been answering you. "

This has been a true eye opener because I have realized that I dont know how to listen. How do I know what signs are the one Gods trying to send to me to answer me.

Friends im in need of help and advice.

Thanks,
Delia :heart:

GBY!

[quote="dyr3022, post:1, topic:224946"]
:blessyou:Hello friends!

I have this app on facebook that I look at once and a while and it says "On this day of your life we believe God wants you to know ..." and then it will tell you something.

I have a situation going on in my life that I have prayed to God like crazy. And today it had me bummed out so I thought I would read what the app had to say. And it said:

"On this day of your life we believe God wants you to know ...that you've been talking to God too much, and not listening enough.

Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you become quiet and listen to God. You've learned how to talk and ask well. Time to learn how to listen and hear, because God has been answering you. "

This has been a true eye opener because I have realized that I dont know how to listen. How do I know what signs are the one Gods trying to send to me to answer me.

Friends im in need of help and advice.

Thanks,
Delia :heart:

GBY!

[/quote]

Just take the course of action that makes you feel the most love.

I know of that app. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's just as random as a fortune from a Fortune Cookie--those kind of things are fun, but they won't be the answer you need if you're hoping to hear from God about a special petition.

Spend time with our Lord. Visit Him in the Most Blessed Sacrament. Pray daily; go to Mass. Open your heart. These are things that will help you listen to our Lord clearly--building your relationship with Him.

God wants you to know what He wants you to know. :) Not what a nice Christian person on the web wants you to know...

Welcome to CAF.
Blessings :)

Even a random message generated by a computer program can cause us to stop and and listen to Our Lord. God bless.

Discerning God’s will in our lives is not an “ask the Magic 8 Ball” situation.

I suggest this book:

amazon.com/What-Does-God-Want-Practical/dp/0879735848

Thank you everybody for your answers!
I dont really care and go to that app for answers

it just kinda hit me that day when i read that, that i dont know how to listen to God. Like what are the signs of what He wants me to know, to answer my questions.

I still feel like I dont know, but im going to try hard with all my heart.

once again thanks and God bless! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.