How to love Jesus more?

How does one love our lord more??:slight_smile:

I think all is in the 7 Beatitudes and in the 7 rules Christ gave to judge those worth to enter the Kingdom of God: “I was hungry and you gave me bred…; thirsty; … in prison; … and so on”.

We may adapt: Somalia is dying of hunger, there are the marginal people, those Mother Theresa of Calcatta called the poorest of the poor, the Lonley…

But, I am good at giving advice only.

Spread the links:
http://gloria.tv/?media=180282

Fr. Ruiz death

God Bless

The more you love your neighbor, the more you love Jesus.

Matt 25:40
And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’

To me, the two Great Commands, to love God and to love our neighbor as ourselves, are intertwined. You really can’t do one without doing the other.

Notice, also, that we are to love our neighbor as ourselves, not instead of ourselves or more than ourselves. To me that means we are not to engage in self-loathing.

What strategies can you use to learn to love your neighbor and yourself? That’s something we can all spend our lives figuring out.

Peace and joy,

Alan

I like those suggestions; performing corporal and spiritual acts of mercy would help us in these areas. :thumbsup:

Alan

I also had this question before and I know how it feels. And then I got the answer in 1 John 4:19, which says, “We love, because he first loved us.”

Our love is a** response** to the love received from Jesus. So if you want to love Jesus more, I say, first, allow him to manifest his love in your life and reflect on how he has already manifested his love in your life. Make a diary. Whenever you come across an incident which shows you how much God loves you, write it down. Then you can reflect upon these things and love him more.

Grow in a closer Union with God. The more one comforms to Jesus, the more one loves Him. Ask him to come to a closer Union with Him.

Rest in His love in all that you do. Do all that you do for love of Him. Seek after His will, put His will above yours. Surrender ALL things and ALL of yourself to him. Become detatched to everything but Him. This is a journey of a lifetime.

God bless.

All of the above are great answers. This is what worked for me… Ask our heavenly mother to help you to love Jesus the way she loves Him. Meet her halfway by going to Eucharistic Adoration on a regular basis (once a week) and receiving the sacraments as much as possible - reconciliation (monthly) and the Eucharist (daily Mass, if possible).

This is a smarter request then asking the Lord to help you love like He does…as the first lesson is unrequited love.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.