How to Love Your Family

You see, if we love Jesus, and “really” love Him, and then perhaps it is of great importance that we also love His “family”.

Yes, I know, this “loving-the-family-of-Christ” can mean many things, and can be acted out on many levels.

What is particularly relevant for personal application in our modern day is "To love Christ, the Trinity, and His Church through also loving the family within which Christ Himself was born into in the event of his initial infancy upon earth. I’m referring to our opportunity to discover a very real joyous relationship within the sacred emotional bond that existed and continues to exist between Jesus and His mother Mary.

Great passion was involved in these events for the sake of our salvation. And certainly, Jesus loved his mother, and she loved Him. There can be great healing and growth for you, the more you make real in your life, closeness in the family that included Jesus and His mother Mary. Feel yourself in that family. Share in that family. The beauty, the sacred. The easiness, joy and difficulties. The passion and the glory. … Cry with them, and laugh with them. See what they see. Feel what they feel and grow by it. … It is then when we find more to give to our families who are with us now on this earth.

In conclusion, Forgiveness in the family is so important. I must forgive poor parenting of my parents to grow.

Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your thoughts. It sounds like you had a rough childhood…wishing you peace. Take care.

more like a rough adulthood. no one understands, least of all me.

heh…I need this reminder of love and forgiveness sometimes…

I don’t know about your circumstances, but I pray that you find peace :slight_smile:

As for me, well, let’s say that my parents are having more trouble with me being an adult than I am…but…

“All happy families are alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”

*Feel yourself in that family. Share in that family. The beauty, the sacred. The easiness, joy and difficulties. The passion and the glory. … Cry with them, and laugh with them. See what they see.
therein is the key, Thank God everyday for your blessings and take care of your own, for this mother, father, sons and daughters unit are one. When one part is in pain the whole suffers, when one part succeeds the whole rejoices. when one part is absent and goes away angry the whole can not live and is ruined.

God bless my family and heal us, i pray

sometimes being able to love your own family means to do so from a distance, either emotionally or geographically. if some separation is necessary to avoid situations that lead to conflict or even violence, so be it.

Within the past year a priest who was formerly assigned to our parish came back to say mass. He is one of the holiest people I know, and he gave one of those homilies that when it was over, people clapped.

One take away from that homily about families was something to remember when we interact with members of our family:

FAMILY means:

Forget
About
Me -
I
Love
You

i do

:banghead: :banghead:
trust god, trust family, trust your mother of you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.