How to overcome temptation

Im just exhausted and burnt. My flesh is weak so I fall into temptations. How to win them? I dont recognise myself. I won strong temptations and then I failed at the easy one. Like I would mistake 2+2 with 5. Im really sad, im so weak without Jesus. I forgot about Him at my struggles and thats why I fell. He is with me but I forget. I dont know what to do. Confession? Im afraid to go my parish and casually ask for a specific priest that could confess. I could ask him for a direction because its too much for me. I dont think its good option to confess before Mass, especially Divine Mercy Sunday. I want to confess in peace, not hurry. That much effort put from my side and Im still nowhere :sob:

1 Like

Overcome through cooperation with the supernatural gift of grace.

‘Watch and pray, that you enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.’ Matt 26:41

1 Like

When one is tired, rest is good.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.