How to pray for priest(s)? How many to pray for?

The Lord has been telling me since quite sometime now to pray for our priests. Please tell me how I should go about doing this.

You can do any prayer you want, Rosary, Chaplet of Divine Mercy, any other written prayers,
or just with your own words. You can pray specifically for certain priests, or pray generally for all them. I usually pray specifically for my Pastor and Vicar first, then pray for certain other priests as well as all the priests. It is important to pray for them daily. Without priests, there is no Eucharist, no other Sacraments either.

I’ll bet if you Google “year for priests,” which this year is, until June 2010, you’ll find lots of good prayers and suggestions.

Betsy

Our parish handed out special booklets… entitled “Praying for our Priests” by Monsignor Peter Dunne and Vicki Herout. Perhaps, you can check your church vestibule (narthex) for this booklet? It’s full of beautiful prayers, and suggestions… on how to pray the Rosary, the Stations of the Cross… and other prayers, with our priests in mind.

May God bless your efforts! Pray for millions of new priests! We can never have “too many”. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.