How to protect a child from black magic?

Is anyone familiar with how to protect a very young child from being harmed by "brujeria" (black magic)? I am at the end of my rope and don't know what else to do to protect my son from going into dangerous hands. I am desperate and don't know who else to ask.

To explain briefly, my Ex-husband is with a woman who (I am 98% certain) performed some type of curse on him to make him leave me and our child a few years ago. I have since had full custody of our child, but my Ex has been pursuing custody for the last few months and the court system is on the verge of giving him unsupervised visits/custody.

After endless amounts of praying and suffering, there is no substantial proof I can show to keep our son safe from my Ex and this woman. If he is able to take our son unsupervised, I am sure this woman will use her "powers" to harm my child. Unfortunately, my Ex is in a state-of-mind where he is "blind" to what this woman has done to him and would not be able to protect our son. For the past 3 years, I have been praying to God and begging him for a miracle, or to change my Ex's heart that he will not take our son away from me to a dangerous environment. But I am almost out of time and nothing has changed. What else can I do? Please pray for my son.

Place things such as a St Benedict medal on him a miraculous medal, etc - never underestimate the power of sacramentals and prayer.

I don't mean this to offend but what exactly was your investigative process that led to you being "98%" sure that your son was "cursed" and not simply psychologically manipulated? (I would also like to direct this question regarding your husband.)

[quote="Lost_Wanderer, post:3, topic:228407"]
I don't mean this to offend but what exactly was your investigative process that led to you being "98%" sure that your son was "cursed" and not simply psychologically manipulated? (I would also like to direct this question regarding your husband.)

[/quote]

You are right - either way the sacramentals and prayer won't hurt. I would suggest during this transitional time child counseling and/or family counseling if your ex would agree to it just to make sure everyone is on the same page with guidelines and boundaries.

If this woman is a bruja, she does work with powers who can influence your husband and also your son. You are right to be concerned.

Your son could be in danger with or without custody, but custody is worse. Realize that by virtue of your Baptism you were ordained a priest of the common order. You have the authority to invoke the name of Jesus Christ and use the power of the Holy Spirit. Here is a very powerful prayer for protection and also to break effects of black magic. theworkofgod.org/Library/Exorcism/exorcsm8.htm Make a sign of the cross where you see the little red crosses and insert the name of your son and/or husband.

When you do this work you must be confident before and after. The confidence comes from studying our faith and knowing that Christ is triumphant over evil.

James 1:6
"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind."

Mark 11:23 24 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them."

You must be in a state of grace. If it were me, I would make sure that my soul is Sacramentally cleansed, have a fresh Eucharist in me, and fast before praying. The Sacraments are important for deliverance work. Receive them often.

As noted, Sacramentals are powerful. St. Benedict medals that are blessed with the exorcism blessing are among the best. Have a priest bless your home. Continue blessing your home with holy water. Protect it with blessed salt. Place a picture of the Sacred Heart in your child's room.

The Church gives us the power and all of the tools necessary to fight.

Lost Wanderer, you are not offending me. I am one of the biggest skeptics. If this wasn’t actually happening to me or my family, I would never have believed in this kind of evil. My son (4 year old) is not the one who is cursed, it’s my ex-husband. What’s led me to believe this is what I have witnessed over the past 3 years. My ex-husband almost literally left us 3 years ago without any explanations; just that he found someone else and was in love. We were together 18 years and had a happy marriage. This was not like him.

He introduced this woman to his family and right away they knew something was wrong. The family tried to get to know her and discovered she is heavyily into tarot cards, and the village she comes from in Mexico is full of “brujos”. She is also in the US illegally and possibly trying to use my ex-husband for citizenship. She does not work and he provides her with everything. There is much, much more why I believe (and everyone who has met this woman knows) that she has used her occult powers for personal gain. It would take pages and pages to get into all the details.

My only worry now is my son, and if he is ever near this woman, she is capable of putting something in his food to harm him, either physically or psychologically. I truly believe this because I have spoken to people who this has happened to. I am truly convinced of the evil in this world and it terrifies me that something bad could happen to my innocent child.

MtnDwellar, thank you so much for this prayer. I will start praying this over my son right away. But, how often should I pray this? Does my son have to be sitting still while I pray? He is just a preschooler and probably would not sit still for too long. Maybe I can pray this over him while he is sleeping?

I thought that dark incantations only worked on people that give in to them? Kind of how Satan is powerless directly over your body if you tell him to take a hike. Of course, he can get the guy next to you to bash you but...

As usual, prayer is probably the best defense (and offense).

I think prayer and perhaps a religious medal won't harm anything and may be benefitial, but so far what you've stated sounds like it could be explained through natural reasons alone. I think if you start acting very superstituously toward this woman and toward the protection of your son, you're more likely to pose yourself at risk of losing custody over your son.

turn her in to INS.

follow all the advice about prayer, fasting and sacramentals. and get a good holy priest to bless your son.

novenas novenas, novenas. st joseph and blessed mother.

Prayer is the best way to protect yourself and your son. Constantly seeking other methods and questioning which is the best and how should it done could be interpreted as lacking faith in the simple message of Jesus Christ. He and his mother have given us prayers - Our Father and the Hail Mary. We have His promises of His and His mother’s protection. Set aside a short period of time regularly and say some prayers in the confidence that you and your son are God’s children.

God Bless

[quote="monicatholic, post:10, topic:228407"]
turn her in to INS. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

follow all the advice about prayer, fasting and sacramentals. and get a good holy priest to bless your son.

novenas novenas, novenas. st joseph and blessed mother.

[/quote]

Remember that a just legal system is also a gift from God. It is an extension of Natural Law.

In a case of demonic obsession or oppression, the prayer should be used daily. For protection, I would consider saying the prayer initially and then prior to any contact with the woman. I don’t think that it can be said too often.

This prayer is used for remote deliverance. Your son does not need to be in the room with you.

All of the things that you suspect are feasible. I have known witches to manipulate people for personal gain. They can do it in a matter of minutes. Don’t worry about overkill. The prayers and sacramentals are good no matter what life throws your way. They are not superstitious.

You should consider praying for your ex-husband and this woman. Your intention could be that they receive all of Gods blessings that you would want for yourself.

Most Catholics don't believe that evil people can actually harm other people using pacts made with demons. Some will say well if  I don't believe in it then it will not work.

Christ was not spouting idle words when he called Satan the prince of this fallen world.

Mtndwellar gave good and sound advice.  I had a better response yesterday and there was a power outage and it was lost. 

I am praying too.  We have to trust in God's Provencial Plan and  that God can change the Heart of Hearts of  people by action of   His Graces.   God has a Plan.

Praying,
  BP

I’m an atheist and I’m really perplexed. You guys seriously believe that black magic exists? Isn’t God supposed to be the only possible source of supernatural power?

Not really. Demonology is a valid subject under Theology, which in turn is an academic subject separated from Mythology.

I remember reading somewhere in a book called Exorcism: Encounters with the Paranormal and the Occult, that demons possess power but it’s a corrupt and ultimately weak imitation of the power that God possesses. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="gattican, post:15, topic:228407"]
I'm an atheist and I'm really perplexed. You guys seriously believe that black magic exists? Isn't God supposed to be the only possible source of supernatural power?

[/quote]

By definition, God is the source of all supernatural power. Forces that are non-human and not God are called preternatural.

And, yes, black magic exists. Satan and his followers create chaos, havoc, and suffering. They don't need much encouragement to direct their efforts toward a certain individual.

[quote="monicatholic, post:10, topic:228407"]
turn her in to INS.

[/quote]

This. Until we are willing to protect our border with Oz we should do everything we can to get illegal witches deported. It is happening in our town right now. They come in and you start seeing brujeria stands start popping up and then next thing you know they are keeping you up at night with their covens and nightly orgies with incubi and succubi. Don't even get me started on the problems we've been having with their minions: hobegoblins and werewolves. Magical transformation have increased by 360%. It has gotten to where you can't even go downtown anymore without having to worry about getting hit with a stray curses. I also know a good sasquatch who used to live next door who recently lost his job to el chupacabra. We will be in deep trouble if we don't do something soon.

[quote="sorrowful, post:6, topic:228407"]
Lost Wanderer, you are not offending me. I am one of the biggest skeptics. If this wasn't actually happening to me or my family, I would never have believed in this kind of evil. My son (4 year old) is not the one who is cursed, it's my ex-husband. What's led me to believe this is what I have witnessed over the past 3 years. My ex-husband almost literally left us 3 years ago without any explanations; just that he found someone else and was in love. We were together 18 years and had a happy marriage. This was not like him.

He introduced this woman to his family and right away they knew something was wrong. The family tried to get to know her and discovered she is heavyily into tarot cards, and the village she comes from in Mexico is full of "brujos". She is also in the US illegally and possibly trying to use my ex-husband for citizenship. She does not work and he provides her with everything. There is much, much more why I believe (and everyone who has met this woman knows) that she has used her occult powers for personal gain. It would take pages and pages to get into all the details.

My only worry now is my son, and if he is ever near this woman, she is capable of putting something in his food to harm him, either physically or psychologically. I truly believe this because I have spoken to people who this has happened to. I am truly convinced of the evil in this world and it terrifies me that something bad could happen to my innocent child.

[/quote]

I am Mexican so I know exactly what you are talking about. I am well aware of members of my family who have dabbled in black magic and it is scary stuff. Do everything that has been suggested to you..and then some! It does sound like this women has does something to your husband. I will pray for you and your son..

I was going to suggest perhaps getting your son a crucifix to wear around his neck. My only concern is this women will see it and rip it off of him.

I know your son is only 4 but perhaps it may be a good time to start teaching him night time prayers. Of course short simple ones for his age.

Maybe even something like 'Dear God, please take care of me'

Also, a VERY powerful experience in my life that did me a lot of good. One night for some reason, (I was about 7) I was fed up with how I was being treated in my family. I was crying uncontrollably and my parents yelled at me to go to bed. I laid in my bed sobbing. My mom came in to check on me. I wanted her to think I was sleeping so I turned my back to her, pretending to be sleeping (obviously I wasn't I was crying so loud).

My mom went along with the game and pretending she though I was sleeping. She kneeled by my bed and starting praying to God 'Dear Lord, please help CM understand I love her and please show her your ways and protect' and so on.

Whenever you feel your son is starting to resent you for protecting him, just pray and let him see you pray. Keep praying how good God is and how you really hope your son can see that. Do it whether he is sleeping or not. Keep asking for His protection

Do I think that will solve your problems? No not immediately. But when your child is an adult who does not have to listen to either of his parents, that is when the positive effects will take hold

God Bless

CM

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.