Not just evidence, but hard proof!
It would be totally impossible to fake it, or deny it. No experts would be needed, it would be obvious for every observer to look up to the night sky and it could be even photographed! And it could not be explained away. The “trick” is that the laws of physics and astronomy are established beyond any doubt, not just any reasonable doubt.
Two things cannot be denied. One is the speed of light in vacuum, and the other is size and structure of the universe.
From this it follows that the position of the stars cannot be doubted. However, a supernatural entity, let’s call it God, is not limited this way - at least according to the believers. God could rearrange the stars at will, and could make them display any message he desires.
This would be a true miracle, undeniable by any skeptic. So, let’s imagine a few possible messages:
- The stars start to move around, and display the text of the bible. This would be the proof of not just the supernatural, but also the Christian God.
- How about displaying the text of the Koran? That would be the proof for Islam.
- How about the text in the Book of Mormon? That would be the proof for the Church of Letter Day Saints.
- What about the Triptaka, the major book of Buddhism?
- What about the Paramahansa Yogananda for the Hindi religion?
- What about the Talmud?
But let’s move on… Displaying…
- the Kama Sutra?
- the Communist Manifesto?
- Das Kapital (Marx), or the Anti Duhring (Engels) or the writs of Lenin, Stalin or Mao?
- The full text of Homer’s Odyssey?
- How about the text of Zarathustra?
All would be supernatural, true miracle, for sure. But proof of what?
The so-called medical miracles are not even worth to mention. The “laws” of biology are not established. They would need some “experts” to declare them. They could be mistaken, the evidence could be faked. Of course I do not wish to accuse anyone working in bad faith, even though it was not unheard of.