How to tell if a Catholic is driving too fast

Just thought this would make everyone smile…:smiley:

That's pretty funny. Thanks for the laugh. :)

Why would anyone have a Rosary dangling from their car mirror? You might be trying to seem pious (that is prideful) or you may just truly enjoy keeping the Rosary next to you but that just doesn't seem very safe to me. What if there is a crash in front of you and you have to stop abruptly? The Rosary will fly off the car mirror and may end up choking you if it lands on you stopping from a high speed. Then another car might crash into you and once you get hit by that car you will go flying and so will that Rosary too. It might end up strangling you to death before the paramedics can even arrive on the scene. The Crucifix might also whip you in the face or get in your eyes if you roll the window down on a windy day so be weary of that.

Be weary of any potholes or animal crossing zones as that Rosary may also go flying when you try to dodge the animal and it may go flying out the car, out of your rolled-down window and end up slicing off an animal's head if you're going too fast. The Rosary is a powerful weapon.

If it's strong enough to keep the devil at bay, it can certainly do some pretty harsh damage. You have been warned.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

[quote="Daegus, post:3, topic:228538"]
Why would anyone have a Rosary dangling from their car mirror? You might be trying to seem pious (that is prideful) or you may just truly enjoy keeping the Rosary next to you but that just doesn't seem very safe to me.

[/quote]

It's a good place to find it if you wish to pray in the car.

Mind you, I've also managed to tangle mine around the signal arm...not good.

[quote="uxordepp, post:5, topic:228538"]
It's a good place to find it if you wish to pray in the car.

Mind you, I've also managed to tangle mine around the signal arm...not good.

[/quote]

It's a safety hazard to have in the car! I ameliorated my last post to mention all of these potential safety hazards!

[quote="Daegus, post:3, topic:228538"]
Why would anyone have a Rosary dangling from their car mirror? You might be trying to seem pious (that is prideful) or you may just truly enjoy keeping the Rosary next to you but that just doesn't seem very safe to me. What if there is a crash in front of you and you have to stop abruptly? The Rosary will fly off the car mirror and may end up choking you if it lands on you stopping from a high speed. Then another car might crash into you and once you get hit by that car you will go flying and so will that Rosary too. It might end up strangling you to death before the paramedics can even arrive on the scene. The Crucifix might also whip you in the face or get in your eyes if you roll the window down on a windy day so be weary of that.

Be weary of any potholes or animal crossing zones as that Rosary may also go flying when you try to dodge the animal and it may go flying out the car, out of your rolled-down window and end up slicing off an animal's head if you're going too fast. The Rosary is a powerful weapon.

If it's strong enough to keep the devil at bay, it can certainly do some pretty harsh damage. You have been warned.

[/quote]

The same "safety hazards" can be said about the cross I wear around my neck. It can "strangle me to death before paramedics arrive if I crash" or it can "whip me in the face on a windy day". But I guess I have "been warned". I will take my chances with both, dear. :)
Almost anything can be a safety hazard if you try to find the harm in it.

LOL!

Thanks for sharing!

[quote="runwaymodel, post:7, topic:228538"]
The same "safety hazards" can be said about the cross I wear around my neck. It can "strangle me to death before paramedics arrive if I crash" or it can "whip me in the face on a windy day". But I guess I have "been warned". I will take my chances with both, dear. :)
Almost anything can be a safety hazard if you try to find the harm in it.

[/quote]

The Rosary (in a car, especially!) is no ordinary safety hazard. It's a weapon that cuts through the souls of the wicked like a hot butter knife.

[quote="runwaymodel, post:1, topic:228538"]
Just thought this would make everyone smile..:D

[/quote]

Am I the only one here who finds this sacriligeous? What is funny about any part of the crucifixion? I received this a couple of years ago, and deleted it as fast as I glanced at it. I don't feel that I've lost my sense of humor. This made me literally sick. This is making a joke of the agony was Lord was enduring, and of the salvivic benefits we received. I, personally, cannot be tolerant of passing on this so-called joke.

I couldn't decide if this was funny or not when I first saw it... realizing the intent is funny. I think I'd be really offended if it was a non-Catholic posting... I might be a hypocrite!

But I will say... You should NEVER drive faster than your Guardian Angel can Fly!

[quote="Waiting, post:10, topic:228538"]
Am I the only one here who finds this sacriligeous? What is funny about any part of the crucifixion? I received this a couple of years ago, and deleted it as fast as I glanced at it. I don't feel that I've lost my sense of humor. This made me literally sick. This is making a joke of the agony was Lord was enduring, and of the salvivic benefits we received. I, personally, cannot be tolerant of passing on this so-called joke.

[/quote]

No, you are not alone. I too though it was pretty upsetting. It brings tears to my eyes to see Jesus made fun of like that

CM

[quote="Waiting, post:10, topic:228538"]

[/quote]

I agree...I don't like it either.

*I in NO means want to offend the Lord and He knows out of the goodness of my heart I did not post that with ill will.
Now if I offended some of you, thats different. It wasn't my intention to do so but then it appears we disagree on certain things. *

[quote="runwaymodel, post:14, topic:228538"]
*I in NO means want to offend the Lord and He knows out of the goodness of my heart I did not post that with ill will.
Now if I offended some of you, thats different. It wasn't my intention to do so but then it appears we disagree on certain things. *

[/quote]

Well, if you did accidentally offend anyone I am sorry for them, and for your own sorry, but for what it's worth you brightened my day.

Not sure if serious.:hmmm:

[quote="mcrow, post:16, topic:228538"]
Not sure if serious.:hmmm:

[/quote]

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/system/profile/icon/1328/big/v_for_vendetta_mask.jpg?1245808324

Chuckles...

That picture is so going on my Facebook page!

When I got my driver's license, a nun in high school gave me a St. Christopher medal for my car. And she added this rejoinder--"Remember, he gets out at 70 miles per hour!"

One looses many laughs by not being able to laugh at oneself :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.