How to TRUST GOD

I know they are nice words, but how do you really just Trust God…
I pray and ask God to help me grow in Faith and to teach me to completely Trust in HIM…
I have much depression and fear and worry of the future. I would love for God to take it all away…Those are nice words, but I pray and I still have trouble with Trust… Does it mean that I am a bad person or God doesn’t love me ?

I am at the end of my rope and squeezed into a corner, so please do not answer with anything negative. Doctors and counseling are not an option so please don’t mention them…
I need God to control my life. I want to do his will…I WANT TO GO TO HEAVEN…

PLEASE TELL ME THAT GOD LOVES ME AND THAT I WILL GO TO HEAVEN
Thank You

God created you to know Him, love Him, and serve Him in this life AND to be happy with Him in the next. ACT on and TRUST that, and you will be ok. You should also try Eucharist Adoration. If there is not one in your area, ask your pastor if you can start it. BTW, a doctor supervised treatment for depression should be your first option. You might have to try more than one doctor or program, before you find one that fits you, the sooner you start, the better! Good Luck!! You can have your life back. :slight_smile:

God made you. God loves you. God sent His only son to suffer, die and rise for you.

The trusting God thing seems to be so much easier said than done. A few years ago, I realized that the source of many of the sins I had committed and confessed was “not trusting God”. But only very recently did I take that to confession and say “I haven’t trusted God. I have done things MY way instead.” It should have been really obvious to bring that to the confessional, but it wasn’t.

All in all, I think “trusting God” is a work in progress. We can surely make progress and increase our trust, but I don’t know if we can ever say that we are fully “there”.

God bless.

I am sure we all feel this way. Other people just LOOK like they really have it
together and seem to have smarter things to say. Other people may
know they are going to heaven and that God loves them - but do they?

I was recently told in confession to pray that I would trust Him more. I wonder
what a person does that trusts God more?

The simplicity of the gospel really strikes me. People were clamoring to John the Baptist saying, “what must I do to be saved?” All he said were simple things like, if you have 2 coats, share with one who has none, don’t bully people, be satisfied with your pay. Be satisfied with your pay? How does that save you?

And then in the old testament it says “what does God require of you but that you
act justly and walk humbly with your God?”

In the New Testament, after Jesus fed everyone with the loaves and fishes, they
all said to Him, “What must we do to do the work of God?” and all Jesus said was,
"This is the work of God - to believe in the One whom He sent, Jesus Christ.

Trusting Jesus is a mystery to me too.

But I can tell you this without question – God does Love you. This is a fact, and
no amount of worrying on your part can change it. Not only that, but you will trust
Him, just as I will. Why? Because you want to, and you will pray for it, and so
will I. We don’t need to worry, because it will all happen by the power of God.

Now they don’t have a smiley for this, but just imagine after these words, a lot of
tiny hearts, twinkling and raining down, down, down… His millions of tiny acts of
love will keep raining on you forever… I pray this favor from our Lord: that He would
show you tomorrow, it is just for you, YES, He does love you, It is He who has
done every good thing that has ever happened to you. Thank Him tomorrow, no
matter how small a thing He does for you, just to say, “I love you.”:love:

Hi,

Proverbs 3 Vs 5 & 6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."

There is no formular to trusting God ,I wish there was.Don’t be too hard on yourself 85.I suggest you talk to someone you really trust about your worries don’t carry the load on your own.Most of all pray,pray and pray.

take care !:wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.