How to use Holy Water

Hi, I would like to bless each room in our home. My question is: how do you do it, do you say a prayer as you go room to room. Thank you for all your help.

You should ask a priest to bless your house.

~cleopa

I usually make the sign of the cross before I sprinkle holy water in the doorways of my house, then say a prayer to God thanking him and asking for his grace and mercy to those who enter in, and to repel evil. I sprinkle it on myself and on people in my home to keep the devil away. He hates holy water. Also, a parent may bless a child by dipping his fingers in holy water and using it to trace a cross on the child’s forehead, saying “I bless you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.”

I have asked this question before, but did not get a reply, so I will try again.

Does any one know if water from Lourdes counts as holy water?

[quote=serendipity]I have asked this question before, but did not get a reply, so I will try again.

Does any one know if water from Lourdes counts as holy water?
[/quote]

Not in the sacramental sense. Have it blessed.

Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.