How was your Second Sunday of Easter Mass attendance?

Well, compared to last weekend, how was Mass attendance this week? There were a lot of empty seats today. It kind of upsets me because the Feast of the Divine Mercy is a very important feast in the Church, and it's sad not to see people in church because they don't really know the history or significance of the feast.

I always hope that there will be a large crowd the Sundays after Easter, but there never is.

[quote="CatholicZ09, post:1, topic:321977"]
Well, compared to last weekend, how was Mass attendance this week? There were a lot of empty seats today. It kind of upsets me because the Feast of the Divine Mercy is a very important feast in the Church, and it's sad not to see people in church because they don't really know the history or significance of the feast.

I always hope that there will be a large crowd the Sundays after Easter, but there never is.

[/quote]

I went to the 6:00 am Last Sunday, attendance was thin but it was raining.

I went to my normal 7:30 am this morning and attendance was up by 25!
We have a H.S. Baseball tournament in town and a busload of ballplayers from Cleveland came for Mass. ;)

I went to the vigil mass last night and we had 20+ confirmations with the Bishop presiding, so it was standing room only!

My husband ushered at the Saturday evening Mass last night, and he said attendance was pretty sparse. But I knew that would happen, because many people in our city, including me, were glued to the television watching the NCAA Final Four, specifically the Louisville vs. Wichita St. game, because we had a local boy in the game. Sigh, they lost. But he did good.

But I was at morning Mass a few hours ago, and attendance was good.

Our parish doesnt focus on the Second Sunday of Easter being Divine Mercy, but our 4pm Vigil on Saturday was packed nontheless

My three kids were Baptised Saturday night. So, that was pretty good.:thumbsup:

[quote="Marie5890, post:5, topic:321977"]
Our parish doesnt focus on the Second Sunday of Easter being Divine Mercy

[/quote]

Same here .

Definitely fewer people than on Easter Sunday but more than on a regular Sunday at the 9:30 a.m. mass I attended. I did not recognize some of the people sitting near me so perhaps they had been inspired by the Easter services to come back to regular Sunday mass attendance. There was no mention of Divine Mercy Sunday.

Full house today - more than Easter Vigil.

Saturday night mass well-attended. Sunday 8:00 am at one church not as well attended as most Sundays at that time. 10:00 am mass af other church normal attendance... not overflowing like on Easter Sinday, but it was the typical attendance.

[quote="Blackshirtproud, post:6, topic:321977"]
My three kids were Baptised Saturday night. So, that was pretty good.:thumbsup:

[/quote]

Congratulations and welcome to your three kids! :grouphug:

My church had it's normal attendance. Christmas and Easter are slightly more heavily attended, but really not by much. Actually, for a city of only 36,000, there are a lot of Christian churches (two Catholic ones) and their parking lots always seem to be full on Sunday. It was quite(!) different in the much larger city that I used to live in.

Mass was a normal Sunday Mass but I saw comedian Jim Gaffigan at Mass. First time seeing a celebrity at Mass. Someone tweet him that he can receive Communion on the tongue. He was holding his kid and struggling to receive in the hand.

5:00 Mass Saturday vigil was much sparser than Easter Mass. I felt that a lot of people felt since they had gone to Easter Mass that they were done for a while. Attendance usually picks up on Pentecost Sunday and doesn't dip again as much as after Easter Mass.

Less attendance, but am thankful for those who were there, and praying for those who were not.

My Church Mass had quite a lot of people at the 10am service. I really enjoyed myself. The Priest talking about St. Thomas was very fired up and emotional, it had an impact on the congregation. The service went over a half hour because of it. No one seemed in any hurry. It was fabulous. Diocese of Venice in Florida. Lehigh Acres - St. Raphael. Love it!

Thank you lord. :extrahappy:

Welcome to your family Blackshirtproud.

We had a good attendance on Sunday, helped by the 80 or so of my family (and my wife’s) who had come for my son’s baptism :smiley:

Attendance was much lower but Father used that in his homily. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.