How will unity finally be achieved?

Use your imagination, Catholics and Non-Catholics alike. How do you think unity could or should be achieved. I have some sneaking suspicions, but I’d like to hear how other view the future state of Christ’s Church.

When everyone is dead or after The General Judgement
catholicculture.org/docs/doc_view.cfm?recnum=7323

Hi
Though it might seem difficult but nevertheless it is not impossible. I would like the 3000+ denominations ( as sombody put it here) to unite into one Christendom. It is very difficult for us Ahmadis to know and remember beliefs of so many denomination for comparitive study. It would be very convenient if they unite.
I have a suggestion that could be very constructive towards this object. I had put it in fact already in my posts but you know it could take some time to things get started. It would be very useful to unite into one, nodody would I think deny it.
Leaving the petty matters aside , just concentrate on attributes of CatholicGod, ProtestantGod, JWsGod, MormonsGod, Anglican’sGod etc etc etc.
This is the foremost point that could alone strike the unity.
I would pray also that you all unite. May GodAllahYHWH bless you all.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics
The West, as I understand, due to certain disinformation has seen only MullahIslam or MullahShariah; the true face of Muhammad’sIslam and PromisedMessiahImamMahdi’sIslam is yet hidden from their eyes, which is truly speaking only peaceful.

Hello Ahmadi when you achieve your own unity give me a call

Who are the Sunnis?
Sunnis are Muslims who are considered the more “orthodox” believers. Sunnis follow all of the most traditional beliefs and actions.

Who are the Shi’ites?
The term Shi’a is a shortened form of Shi’at Ali, which means “the party of Ali” - and at the time of Ali’s death in 661, that is probably all it was: a party or tendency of people who supported Ali’s claims to the caliphate. Over time, they became the largest non-Sunni sect in Islam.

Who are the Sufis?
Sufism is important to the development of Islam because it is in this tradition that the more spiritual and mystical aspects were preserved. This stands in contrast to the mainstream of Islam which, through its first centuries, was more concerned with the expansion and organization of the general community.

Who are the Kahrijites?
In Arabic, their label means “to go out” - they were, in effect, the first Mulism dissidents and rebels, being present almost from the dawn of Islam. Like later dissidents, they chose to separate themselves from the main body of believers, feeling that the majority of Muslims had lost the “true path.”

Who are the Wahhabis?
Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab could be considered the first modern Islamic fundamentalist. He made the central point of his reform movement the idea that absolutely every idea added to Islam after the third century of the Mulsim era was false and should be eliminated.

Who are the Ismailis?
An early Shi’a sect which split from the main group because of a dispute over who should be considered the next Imam.

Who are the Zaidis?
Formed by Zaid, a grandson of Husain, the Zaidis have believed that the true Imam must publicly assert his claim to the title and seek to overthrow the corrupt regime run by unacceptable rulers.

Who are the Fatimids?
The Fatimids are a successor movement to the Isma’ilis and are descendants of Fatima and Ali through the line of Isma’il. In the tenth century, those descendants asserted themselves as caliphs in North Africa, and ruled Egypt from 969 to 1171.

Who are the Nizari?
This sect is actually very well known around the world, but under a different name: the Assassins.

Who are the Alawis?
Also known as Nusayris, the Alawis are a branch of Isma’ilism which has gone so far along its own path that many Muslims no longer even regard it as a form of Islam. The term Alawis actually just means “followers of Ali,” which is used in some countries to refer to all Shi’a in general. Some think that they worship Ali as God, but that isn’t entirely accurate.

Who are the Druze?
The Druze comprise another sect which is not widely regarded as being “truly” Muslim. This group diverged from mainstream Islam in the eleventh century when some Isma’ilis started to believe that God became manifest in the personality of a prophet or imam.

Who are the Baha’i?
Baha’i is another movement which is descended from Islam, but which most Muslims today no longer regard as authentically Islamic.

Ahmadiyya
Ahmadiyya Islam was founded in 1889 by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (c. 1839-1908) in Qadian, Punjab, IndiaUpon the death of Ahmad, Mawlawi Nur-ad-Din was elected as successor (caliph). When he died in 1914, the Ahmadiya group split into two groups:
Qadiani, who recognize Ahmad as a prophet; and
Lahore, who regard Ahamad only as a reformer of Islam.
Today there are about 170 million Ahmadiyya Muslims in the world. Qadianis reside mainly in Pakistan, where they are zealous missionaries for Islam and the two prophets Muhammad and Ahmad. Lahore Ahmadiyyas also seek converts, but more to Islam in general than to their particular sect.
Ahmadiyya Islam is also associated with several Sufi orders, most notably the Al-Badawi order of Egypt, named for an Islamic saint who died in 1276

religionfacts.com/islam/sects.htm
mylinuxisp.com/~jrlaw/islam/list_of_sects.htm

I think unity with Protestants isn’t happening. Good chance, Deo volente, for the Eastern Orthodox. If there were a sea change in Anglicanism, i.e. declaring orders null and void when applied to women, then there would be some small hope for the Anglican ‘church’ (not sure what to call it) reuniting with Rome. There are apparently numerous legends of the conversion of the Jews coming just before end times. Fulton Sheen hopes for the conversion of Muslims through Our Lady of Fatima. However, as I see it the Eastern Orthodox are the only probable candidates, and the Anglicans the only long-shot ones, for reunion with Rome en masse. Individual Protestants, of course, can and do convert.

ditto. I was about to say this too. Before that point, I don’t think there will ever be perfect unity within the Church.

The short, short answer:

God will use a dressrehearsal for the end of the world as a means of manifesting the errors of all non-Catholics.

The general majority of fully approved Private Revelation already gives us this answer: all Christians will come home to Rome after the minor apostasy (which is now) and the minor tribulation (which is soon). Don’t believe me? Go to EWTN:

End TImes/ Millennium/Rapture

Approved Catholic mystics (Venerables, Blessed and Saints, approved apparitions) throw considerable light on this order, by prophesying a minor apostasy and tribulation toward the end of the world, after which will occur the reunion of Christians. Only later will the entire world fall away from Christ (the great apostasy) and the personal Antichrist arise and the Tribulation of the End occur.

It also seems highly appropriate in other areas of theology. I have an article on this, but also a comment on another thread here.

Blessings,
scott

Maybe unity will be achieved when all of Christianity understands that we are under attack from many angles. There are three major areas of attack: secularists, Muslims and our own infighting.

The only one of those we have any control over is our own infighting. If we do not stop fighting each other we will not be strong enough against the other two. If we don’t band together then we deserve the fate… secularism or Islam. Which are we willing to loose to? IMHO, neither.

Unity will only happen when every Catholic from the youngest to the Pope, will make their first mission to preach the gospel to all men, and bringing ALL those in error back to the Mother Church ie: His One Church: ie the Catholic (Universal) Church.

And that will mean upsetting a few faiths on the way.

But failing that, I dont think it will. Maybe the “two witnesses” will help a lot, but that will be way too late for most of us.

Iccy:rolleyes:

Or rather, in fact, the allegorical meanin of the two witnesses is actually the biblical basis for the reunion of Christians. For cannot the two witnesses be, in addition to Enoch and Elijah, the Oral Tradition and the Written Tradition? I personally feel Revelation 11 itself is prophecy of the reunion of Christians.

Hi
So, you are not interested in the unity of all Christian denominations faiths in one RealChristianity. Are you?
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics
The West, as I understand, due to certain disinformation has seen only MullahIslam or MullahShariah; the true face of Muhammad’sIslam and PromisedMessiahImamMahdi’sIslam is yet hidden from their eyes, which is truly speaking only peaceful.

[LIST=1]
*]Separate the office of Pope and Bishop of Rome. I know that in the past, the Pope has historically been the Bishop of Rome. But I hardly see a need for this to continue. The first Pope, Peter, was the Pope even before he came to Rome. Additionally, if John Paul II has taught us anything, it is that the Pope does not need to stay in Rome.
*]Establish more liturgical rites in the Church. Why is it that there is a Byzantine Rite, a Maronite Rite, an Ambrosian Rite, etc. yet the Latin Rite is the dominant one? The fact that everyone refers to the entire Catholic Church as the Roman Catholic Church is insulting to these other rites and causes nothing but confusion. So, maybe the Latin Rite should be deregulated into smaller rites. As long as the bishops of these rites are in union with the Pope, I see no reason why this cannot be done.
*]Once number 1 is done and number 2 is done, make it a rule that the Pope can be from any rite that the Papal conclave chooses. I don’t think that there is a rule against this other than “it’s never been done before.”
*]Given that the Christians of the Holy Land are being persecuted, the Pope should be with them and literally move back to the Upper Room. Christ told Peter to go to Rome when he feared persecution when he asked him “Quo Vadis?” or “Where are you going?”. So, the fear of persecution should not stop the current or a future Pope.[/LIST]

"O God, destroy the Americans, the British, the Jews, and the Crusaders"
Iraqi Sermon 20 September 2002
[FBIS (US Government service) Report]
Baghdad Republic of Iraq Television in Arabic, official television station of the Iraqi Government, on 20 September 2002 at 0925 GMT carries a
56-minutre live sermon from Saddam Mosque in the city of Al-Hillah, Babil Governorate.
imra.org.il/story.php3?id=13785
rickross.com/groups/kkk.html

Pat Robertson suggested in a 700 Club news segment broadcast on July 8-According to Robertson, the threat is so serious that people who believe in space aliens should be put to death by stoning
religioustolerance.org/hate_tv.htm

KABUL, JAN. 8, 2001 (ZENIT.org).- From now on, anyone who converts to Christianity, preaches the gospel, or proselytizes in Afghanistan can be condemned to death. The decision was decreed by Nohammad Omar, leader of the Taliban movement, which over the past 4 years has imposed the “shariah” in virtually the entire Afghan territory. The “shariah” is Islamic law applied to civil society
trosch.org/bks/koran_death-pen_christians.html
A banner carried by the outraged crowd as they chanted "death to the apostate"
sudantribune.com/spip.php?article9428

In India, Catholic churches are regularly burned by Hindu Fundamentalists, and both Hindus and local animist groups have harassed and killed Catholic converts. In Pakistan, which disagrees with India about everything else, an Islamic Fundamentalist government does the same. Even great charity is no protection. Mother Teresa’s Sisters of Charity have been threatened in India and three of them were murdered in Yemen in the 1990s.

Following is the first in a series of articles by Robert Royal, author of the soon-to-be released book Catholic Martyrs of the 20th Century.

catholicherald.com/royal/royal1.htm

Hysteria in the Highlands
evangelical Christian groups have been accused of inflaming passions by preaching against the evils of witchcraft Evangelised elements of the Duna tribe of Lake Kopiago - at the centre of terrible anti-witchcraft torture trials of women during the past year - have apparently been influenced by assertions that witches have fallen under the power of Satan.
smh.com.au/articles/2004/10/18/1097951626008.html

How will it be achieved?

God

Mary’s intercession (“One day through the scapular and the rosary, I shall save the world”)

the Scapular

God

the Rosary

other prayers

God

I know theres other things, those were the only things I could think of right now.

To all you Peace loving Muslems - End slavery - Stop blowing each other up - Stop banning Christianity in your countries

When I was growing up, my parents were big fans of Christian singer named Sandi Patti. There was one song in particular that I always loved, called “Love in any language.” It’s a little dated, but I still like the message.

Je t’aime
Te amo
Ya ti-bya lyu blyu
Ani o hev ot cha
I love you

The sounds are all as different
As the lands from which they came
And though the words are all unique
Our hearts are still the same

We teach the young our differences
Yet look how we’re the same
We love to laugh, to dream our dreams
We know the sting of pain

From Leningrad to Lexington
The farmer loves his land
And daddies all get misty-eyed
To give their daughter’s hand

Oh maybe when we realize
How much there is to share
We’ll find too much in common
To pretend it isn’t there

Love in any language
Straight from the heart
Pulls us all together
Never apart
And once we learn to speak it
All the world will hear
Love in any language
Fluently spoken here

Love. I think that’s the only way that unity can be achieved. People need to realize that their mortal enemies are people just like them, with hopes and dreams, worries and heartbreak. We’re not so different. There are very few truly evil people in this world, but the world is full of people who do the wrong thing for the right reason. Radical Muslims think they’re doing Allah’s work when they declare jihad. Radical Christians think they’re doing God’s work when they bomb abortion clinics. But it’s not God’s work. People need to stop and realize that the Creator doesn’t rejoice in hatred and destruction. Quite the contrary.

I can’t think of a more beautiful dream than to have humanity, all as one, glorifying their Creator by whatever name they have given him. To have Muslims worshipping alongside Hindus, Christians along with pagans, without any hatred or animosity— all focused on the Divine, instead of their petty differences. Of course, it’s just a dream. Humanity has a long way to go before they can truly learn to love one another. But maybe someday, the Divine will enable humanity to unite as one, rather than be used by humanity as a scapegoat to justify bloodshed and hatred.

Hi
Peace loving Christians, the peace loving Muslims have never made anyone slave, nor do they ban Christianity. It is Mullah’sIslam and Mullah’sShariah who are responsible for that. Even the peace loving Muslims are subjects of persecution by hands of the Mullah’sIslam and Mullah’sShariah . We don’t control them, so no use suggesting it to us.
Anyway no harm if the Christians unite and become one.May GodAllahYHWH bless you all.
Thanks

paarsurrey:

I am sure you love your faith dearly. But did it ever occur to you that regardless of the branch of Islam, Islam in and of itself is corrupt from the beginning? Take for example, how the [FONT=Arial]the Suhuf-i-Ibrahim (*Scrolls of Abraham/Ibrahim) *the Tawrat (Torah), the Zabur (Psalms), and the Inji (Gospel) are considered divinely revealed along with the Quran. However, it is the Muslim opinion that only the Quran is authoritative because the other texts have undergone *tahrif *or have been mistranslated to the point where the original meaning is lost. So, to you, the only authoritative book that currently exists is the Quran. Period.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Next, look at the circumstances of the books’ origins. According to Islam, the Angel Gabriel appeared to Mohammed and God reveals the Quran over a period of 23 years. Mohammed recites the Quran and his companions write it down. Did anyone in Islam bother to ask why Mohammed was not pre-announced? Did anyone in Islam bother to critically challenge the writings of the Quran? At least in Christianity, different men wrote the books of the New Testament, and the Church at least was critical of the books before declaring them to be divinely revealed. According to Muslim tradition, the Quran is divinely revealed because Mohammed said it was or the Quran said it was. How do I not know that Mohammed was not possessed by a demon or that the devil appeared to Mohammed as the Angel Gabriel?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Furthermore, the founder of my religion, Jesus Christ; who you consider to be Jesus of Nazareth, son of Mary, stated the following: “My kingdom does not belong to this world.” and thus he was crucified in reparation of the world’s sins. His followers for centuries were persecuted and martyred like him and in some parts of the world today, even the ones dominated by Islam, this persecution continues. Contrast this to the founder of your religion who united the tribes of Arabia under Islam and established a Caliphate, or a worldly kingdom. Where was the persecution? It seems as if Islam was protected from the very beginning by the governing authorities.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]It’s my opinion that Islam was created, not by God, but by a man. For God does not care about worldly possessions or worldly kingdoms. God only cares about the state of our souls. What man would create a religion in which the founder says: “If they persecute me, they will persecute you.” No man would, but God would. That is why I am a Christian, and a Catholic one at that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Anyway…back to the topic of CHRISTIAN unity.[/FONT]

I have little patience for this “peace-loving muslim” schtick…listen, if you want to have any peace at all, then pick up a rifle and take a stand against the radical extremists within Islam while you still can.

If that is what you really want…

When I see and hear Muslims rising up in numbers against terrorism, then I will believe it is a peaceful religion…there is such a thing as a just war and opposing terrorists within YOUR ranks qualifies.

The world is watching…

Hi
I would do what JesusYeshuaIssa did under similiar situation. Do you believe in Jesus? If yes, then why you suggest me against that.
Thanks

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.