Https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5650351/albion-park-parish-priest-stood-down-over-misconduct/

I’d like to ask a question apropos this article. I apologise if it is inappropriate for “Moral Theology”, but it is largely a question to do with Canon Law (I suppose). To what does “professional misconduct” refer, in regard to the priesthood and appropriate behaviour within any ministry?

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5650351/albion-park-parish-priest-stood-down-over-misconduct/

It means basically what it says it means: He was doing something a priest shouldn’t be doing. Aside from it not being criminal or child-related, there is no way of knowing what that “something” is. Canon law provides no clarification or elaboration. It could be anything, from alcoholism to hitting on or having an affair with an adult or any other of a gazillion things. The article doesn’t specify, and there is no way of going beyond what the article says.

closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.