Human choice and salvation?

To whom it is of interest:

I would like to hear, and not argue, how the Bible explains our choice in salvation.

If any person would love to explain it to me, I will be reading or listening–THANKS!

Blessings

I always thought it is as simple as:

1. God calls
  2. We choose to cooperate, or not.

If this is not what you were looking for, sorry, but a clearer picture of what you are looking for would be helpful.

ericc

Thanks!

Sorry about the ambiguity, I wanted to avoid the battles of the past.

I am looking for Bible passages that state as explicitly as possible that we have a choice or many choices.

If I can come up with a clearer way to ask the question, I will post later.

Again, thanks!

I found this in Romans this morning while praying: It is God’s mercy and not human will or strength.

From the OT

** Ecclesiasticus 15:18**
Before man is life and death, good and evil, that which he shall choose shall be given him

** Deuteronomy 11:27**
A blessing, if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day: [28] A curse, if you obey not the commandments of the Lord your. God, but revolt from the way which now I shew you, and walk after strange gods which you know not.

The Complementary in the NT:

** Luke 11:28**
But he said: Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God, and keep it

** Mt. 5:1-11**
“And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain, and when he was set down, his disciples came unto him. And opening his mouth, he taught them, saying: Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the land. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called children of God. Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake”

Mt. 25: 31-45
And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats: ** And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left**.** Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world**. For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me. Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee? Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me

God Bless you,

Patrick

Thanks!

Those are perfect!!!

Deut. 30: 19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Phil 2. 13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Deut. 30: 19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Phil 2. 13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Romans 9: 16
So it depends not upon a person’s will or exertion, but upon God, who shows mercy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.