human divinity

First off, I want to thank all those who responded to my post a few days ago about the miracle of the loaves. I’ve done some other research on it, and it’s just incredible to me how there is layer upon layer of significance to something I have heard time and again over the years. I can’t believe all the years of wisdom and teaching I’ve missed because I read Scripture (barely, at that) like it was an historical treatise than the Word.

The friend from the miracle of loaves discussion said that the priest he consulted told him that humans were divine since we were made in the image of God. I responded that that wasn’t Catholic teaching, and now I’m wondering if I responded correctly. Has anyone ever heard this before or can anyone offer some clarification?

What a most blessed gift is this forum!

Christ’s peace from God’s glorious Sonoran desert-
Rob

Hi!

We are called to be Christ-like and when we are in a state of Sanctified Grace we are at least going in the right direction, but not until we are made perfect in heaven.

I’ve heard that being made in the image and likeness of God, that Adam and Eve were in a State of Grace. But as usual, we humans tend to look at the earthly meaning of the phrase, “image and likeness”, instead of the heavenly meaning.

Rob,

I just answered you over on your other thread.

• Liberian

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.