Human Monkey Chimeras

Thoughts?

Scary. I heart of it from Eduard von Habsburg Lothringen on Twitter and people there were also mostly shocked. I’m sure the Church is against it.

4 Likes

What’s happening in the bump in the night thread ? I’ve missed it !

1 Like

We talked about the content of this thread before this thread was posted and basically just a few updates on my life, Purgatory, and St Jude.

I’m going over there in a bit I love that thread

1 Like

How do doctors plan on keeping the human and animal’s genetic material from mixing? Will the Human Accelerated Regions on non-coding DNA result in greater brain size in the offspring of the animal chimeras? Could non-coding DNA cause the human brain to decrease in size during embryogenesis of the human organ recipient’s offspring? Why wouldn’t such scenarios happen, given the influence of non-coding DNA on developmental genes?

I think scientists might be putting the cart before the proverbial horse. We need a better understanding of human RNA and non-coding DNA before we create human-animal chimeras.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.