Human parallels of Transubstantion

Dear friends

It has occurred to me during meditation in this Eucharistic Year declared by our Beloved Late Pontiff Pope St John Paul II the Great, that Transubstantion means much more spiritually than as regard to the elements of bread and wine. While the outward accidents of bread and wine remain, so the outward accidents of ‘myself’ remain, I am still Teresa, I look still as myself and I am still seeming as myself, but there is to be a transformation in Christ by the receipt of the Eucharist. I am to be transformed into Christ Jesus wholely dying to ‘self’.

Flesh is of nothing and we can view the bread and wine as this, it is as nothing, a simple gift we offer to God, not dissimilar to ourselves, we offer ourselves to God and we are an inadequate and simple gift, but in this Eucharistic Miracle, the bread and wine though remaining outwardly an appearance of bread and wine, though fully being Christ Jesus; Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity, so we, by His indwelling are transformed ever more Christ-like into His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity though the outward accidents of Teresa remain, I am repeatedly transformed every time I am exposed to the Eucharist, be this eating the Bread of Life or Adoring Him in the Blessed Sacrament, though none is more intimate than receipt of the Eucharist.

This transformation in Christ Jesus cannot happen without the Truine God (to have seen Me is to have seen the Father); it is the Holy Will of God the Father (None can come to Me unless the Father draw him), by the power of the Holy Spirit (Who convicts the soul to the Truth in Love) and in, by and through Christ Jesus (the GodMan who is Truth, fully God and fully Man, who took humanity to redeem it).

Go to Mass often and receive Christ Jesus the Bread of Life in the Eucharist and be transformed, be moved by the Holy Spirit and Adore Christ Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament and thank your Loving Father in Heaven for His Infinite Love and Mercy.

Just a meditation.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

sorry typing error, should read ‘transubstantiation’…post timed out before I could correct it, sorry about that

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.