Hundreds of Thousands of Muslims Follow Jesus. Christianity Sweep across Asia, Africa

(FridayFax) Some things only happen every couple of hundred years, others only every couple of thousand. This and the next FridayFax are dedicated to one of these millennium events.

Fourteen centuries ago, Islam overran previously Christian nations such as Egypt and Tunesia. For the past thousand years, particularly since the “Christian” crusades and the development of unbiblical, westernized religious church traditions, Christians have found it difficult to win Muslims for the Gospel. Islam, with 1.4 billion adherents, is the world’s second-largest religion after traditional Christianity which has proven resistant to the Biblical Gospel. As a young Christian, I heard only one message about Islam: “it is practically impossible to win Muslims for Christ” – a message from Hell, in my opinion, born out of centuries of pseudo-missionary frustration. Ineffective missionary methods, non-integrative churches and a fantastic lack of faith among top Christian leaders right up to the 1990’s combined to create a climate of missionary unbelief. In 1982, only 2% of all Christian missionaries were working among Muslims – a ridiculously small proportion.

5,000 – 120,000 – 522,000

Yesterday, I ate lunch with three missionaries working among Muslims. One of them said “In the past two years, I’ve seen over 5,000 Muslims come to faith in Jesus in northern India. The work is growing so fast that the number will very likely soon pass 50,000. They meet in multipliable house churches, and ever more Mullahs are joining the movement…

Another said, “From our own experience and through other reliable sources, we know that in Bangladesh, 7,000 Muslims were baptized each month in 2003. They are radical followers of Jesus. In 2004, an incredible 120,000 joined them. Since 1997, the number of Muslims following Jesus has grown by 522,000.”

522,000? That’s more than the number of evangelical Christians in Switzerland, Austria and France together! Is that possible? What happened?

Baptist missiologist and author David Garrison says, “More Muslims have come to Christ in the past two decades than at any other point in history. **In North Africa, 16,000 Muslim Berbers turned to Jesus; in a central Asian republic, 4,000 Muslims have found Christ; 15,000 Kazakh Muslims found Christ in the past 15 years. ** In an appearance on Al Jazeera, Sheikh Ahmad Al Qataani, a leading teacher of Islamic clerics in Libya, said 'Every hour, 667 Muslims turn to Christianity, 16,000 every day, 6 million each year!’ Those numbers are certainly exaggerated, but show that Islamic experts recognize what is happening: a massive missionary movement of Muslims to Christ.”

A Vision Becomes Reality

Let me use Kevin Greeson’s story as an example of what’s happening. Greeson is a Baptist missionary in southern Asia. In his book “Camel Training” published in 2004 he writes, "In September 1997, I lay down on my hotel bed in Singapore, where I was attending missionary training. Before going to sleep, I saw a vision of thousands of Muslims in Bangladesh going to Hell. The vision’s realism gripped me so strongly that I began to weep – for the first time in 22 years. The scene changed, though; the Muslims were given a new directive, were re-routed and went to Heaven. The next day, I was excited to hear that 30,000 U.S. Christians had taken part in a prayer campaign for the people group among which I wanted to work, and that they had been praying the very hour I had my vision. My first years there as a missionary brought no fruit; after two years, we had gathered 23 women who worked weaving baskets for export to the West. Then we heard of Abdul (name changed).

Learning From Abdul

Abdul was a local church planter, and a saved Muslim – or Isahi (one who belongs to Isa/Jesus). In 1998, he had seen 50,000 Muslims baptized, and 8,000 churches planted by 2003. He was doing something differently, and we learned from him to do them differently too. We told the women to invite their husbands to a meeting; they all brought their husbands or fathers, and we explained verses from the Koran which speak of Jesus, showing him to be far more than just a prophet. They were excited and angry – excited, because they recognized the truth about Isa (Jesus), and angry about their Imams (islamic pastors), who had withheld the truth from them. Then we showed them the Jesus Film in their language. What happened was unbelievable; the men insisted on meeting again the next day. For four days, they sat there and listened to the Gospel. **They all turned to Jesus, and six new jamaats (house churches) were formed. Over the following 2 1/2 years, our team saw 4,500 Muslims baptized and 314 new churches started. Two years later, the number of churches had grown to over 800. ** The movement is still growing. What did we teach the Muslims which made them so open for Christ? It has something to do with a camel…"

One morning in May 1999, I read a report in Bangladeshi national newspaper, quoting a Member of Parliament who stood before his colleagues and asked ‘What is happening to our religion? Muslims in the capital are throwing their Koran in the trash, and in one district, they even throw the Koran in the river.’ What was going on? One day, an Imam held the Koran up in the Mosque, saying ‘This book has done nothing to improve our lives.’ Then he threw the book in the river. The congregation of around 4,000 men followed their leader’s example, throwing their Korans in the river too."

What comes after resignation?

Kevin Greeson’s report shows something of the inner erosion happening in Islam. But many adherents of other religions and religious subsystems are just as resigned. Just as traditional Constantine churchianity, Animism or Buddhism, the core of Islam does not help people live their lives, but generally just preserves the status quo of poverty, difficulties, uncertainty and illness for most and riches for a privileged minority. On top of all that, religion can only superficially answer the questions every person faces: Why am I here? What am I supposed to be doing? Where am I headed? The Bangladeshi Imam spoke for many in his recognition of the truth. In this phase of religious resignation, most people simply perform religious rites perfunctorily, outwardly going with the flow, inwardly questioning. Many Muslims, for example, wonder about Allah’s secret 100th name…

Every Muslim knows that Allah has 99 names, and many know of a tradition which says that only a camel knows his 100th name. That name is ‘Isa’! The Koran, the Muslims’ holy book, does not answer the question directly, but gives enough clear hints. Many experienced missionaries start a conversation with Muslims with the words “** I have discovered an amazing truth in the Koran, which gives hope of eternal life in paradise. Would you please read me Sure Al-Imran 3:42-55?”**

The Koran teaches that Jesus knows the way to heaven.

This Sure says three things about Isa (Jesus) which clearly lift him above the status of a prophet: Isa is holy (3:42-48), has power over death (49-54) and knows the way to heaven (55-56).

This is a shock for many Muslims, because what does the Koran say about Mohammed? The surest answer is to say that Mohammed is what he said of himself; in Sure 46:9-10, he says “I am nothing new among prophets; I do not know what will become of me or my followers. I am just a voice of warning.”

If Mohammed is nothing different or more than all the prophets before him, and did not claim to be the greatest prophet of all, did not know where he or his followers would go after death, and professes to simply be a voice of warning, the contrast with Jesus’ statements about himself (for example John 6:47 and
14:1-7) could hardly be greater.

If you say to a Muslim, “I want to go to heaven when I die. Which prophet can help me get there?”, the result is often a process leading them to read the Injil (New Testament) and find Jesus. Information from the Koran (very important for Muslims) reveals Jesus to be clearly more than just a prophet, and endows him practically with saviour status.

religionjournal.com/showarticle.asp?id=2579&ardate=6/13/2005
religionjournal.com/showarticle.asp?id=2625

PK everday you claim 100,000 Muslims follow Christ in XYZ country. If they were all true, there would be no more Muslims left on earth.

[quote=Emad]PK everday you claim 100,000 Muslims follow Christ in XYZ country. If they were all true, there would be no more Muslims left on earth.
[/quote]

Dear Emad,

While I agree that the numbers are most likely inflated, they do give hope that Muslims everywhere are seeking the Truth and finding it in Christ.

God bless you Proud Kafir and keep the information coming. And for you and everyone - keep praying for the Holy Spirit to guide us all back to the One Truth - Jesus.

Through prayer, fasting, adoration, faith in Christ - all is possible!

[quote=Emad]PK everday you claim 100,000 Muslims follow Christ in XYZ country. If they were all true, there would be no more Muslims left on earth.
[/quote]

Where did i claim everyday 100,000 Muslims follow Christ ? Please show me.

My point is, there are more muslims leaving Islam than new muslims joining. Of late, I am seeing even many mullahs, imams who are strong in faith are leaving Islam.

[/quote]

please do not reply to these threads.

I am requesting that the muslims dont reply, or even read these threads started by him. I am going to contact a moderator about him, as the Islam section of this forum is the wrong location for these topics.

Proud Kafir, if you would like to learn about Islam post in the Islam section, if you want to post about those who find Christ post it somewhere else please.

[quote=Eetaq]please do not reply to these threads.

I am requesting that the muslims dont reply, or even read these threads started by him. I am going to contact a moderator about him, as the Islam section of this forum is the wrong location for these topics.

Proud Kafir, if you would like to learn about Islam post in the Islam section, if you want to post about those who find Christ post it somewhere else please.
[/quote]

Hi Eetaq;

this is what i find very amusing about you muslims: when confronted with evidence and arguments that go against your veliefs, you are very quick to deny such things and to say that the authors of those messges is a liar and/or that he’s taking verses out of “context”. Of course, you never come back to explain the proper “context”.

PK has backed up his assertions with muslim literature and authors, including the koran.

Why don’t refute him punctually??

Thanks

Dear Eetaq,
I thought we can the post articles related to Islam. Is there any rule that members should not post convert stories in this forum? I don’t know. If you (or) moderator clarify on this, I will stop posting convert stories in this forum.

Regards,

There is a section on this forum called “in the news”

you are posting news stories, which should go into the ‘in the news’ section.

@Anderson33,

If he posts a news story about people converting to christ, what do you want me to say about it? Should I claim its a lie? No, I have nothing to say about it, except that I hope the people are happy with their new faith.

However when he posts qur’an or hadith I sometimes go and find the meanings and proper translations, however most of the time I dont read Proud Kafir’s posts, as they are too long and are not questions but refutations.

In africa many muslims in Uganda, Nigeria and countries like Niger converts to catholicism, in the south Sudan too. There are testimonies of catholic faith until they´re 20 years without a priest.
In Al-Jazeera recognize that each year in Africa, islam loses 6.5 millions of faithful.

I, too, know that especially in Sudan many muslims are becoming christian. It is (I think) because of the hardships in that country, and whenever they need relief it comes either from a christian relief organization or a christian country, the ‘islamic’ puppet governments do nothing to help their fellow brethren, and then because a missionary isnt far down they see who is really helping them, as in the sudanese eyes muslims are worthless.

A huge failure on our part as muslims, not following our faith… :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.