Hurry! Start 25-Day St Andrew Christmas Novena Today—Sat, Nov 30, 2019!

The St Andrew Christmas Novena bears his name because it starts on his feast day, not because he started it. A very short prayer that is to be prayed 15 times on each day from Nov 30 to midnight of Dec 24th, when the intentions may be granted, or not, the prayer has many faithful who claim that a number of their petitions have been answered. Make a written list of your intentions (desires) in order to request the same ones each time. If you forget, make up the prayer(s) and ask Jesus, Who is not restricted to time, to apply them correctly.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ St Andrew Christmas Novena ~~ ~~ ~~

“Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires [ . . List your intentions here . . ] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.”

2 Likes

Day 1 ~ 1st Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! To hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention your intentions here…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

:sos: Please join me in praying the 15 St Andrew Novena Prayers. We have less than 6 hours to get them all offered today. :innocent:

Did mine earlier.
Also posted a thread here earlier

https://forums.catholic.com/t/st-andrew-christmas-novena-starts-today-nov-30/

2 Likes

I’m sorry to have repeated your topic. I clicked on the magnifying glass and searched to see if anyone had yet posted. I found some from you in previous years, but nothing for this year. Just before activating Reply, I put my thread in a holding pattern and searched again, as it’s embarrassing for this to occur. Mine did not appear for quite a while after I clicked Reply. Perhaps yours was in that same limbo when I searched. I do apologize, @Tis_Bearself. Mea culpa!

Adding: I believe I surmised correctly because I just used the magnifying glass to search the threads again. Your topic now appears, but mine remains in limbo, not yet appearing.

No problem, it’s fine to have 2 reminders. I just wanted you to see that others were saying it even if they don’ t post on your thread.

2 Likes

1st Day ~ 2nd Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention your intentions here…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

1 Like

1st Day ~ 3rd Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention intentions here…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

1 Like

1st Day ~ 4th Novena Prayer!

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention intentions here…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

3 Likes

1st Day ~ 5th Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention your intentions…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

1st Day ~ 6th Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention your intentions…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and through His Blessed Mother. Amen.

1 Like

1st Day ~ 7th Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! To hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention your intentions…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother.

1st Day ~ 8th Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed be the hour and the moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention your intentions…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and through His Blessed Mother. Amen.

1 Like

While the novena is tied to the Feast of Saint Andrew, it is not actually addressed to Saint Andrew but to God Himself, asking Him to grant our request in honor of the birth of His Son at Christmas. You can say the prayer all 15 times, all at once; or divide up the recitation as necessary (perhaps five times at each meal).

An Ideal Family Devotion for Advent

Prayed as a family, the Saint Andrew Christmas Novena is a very good way to help focus the attention of your children on the Advent season.

The Saint Andrew Christmas Novena

ChristmasCandleTree

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires, through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen

2 Likes

@Psalms62

Thank you so very much for posting that information. I don’t know how to do that. :slight_smile:

1st Day ~ 10th Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires [… mention intentions here…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

1st Day ~ 11th Novena Prayer

1 Like

1st Day ~ 12th Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention intentions here…] through the merits of our Savior Jesus Christ and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

1st Day ~ 13th Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed be the hour and the moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention your intentions here…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

1st Day ~ 14th Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed is the hour and the moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention your intentions here…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

1st Day ~ 15th Novena Prayer

Hail and blessed is the hour an the moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention your intentions here…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

1 Like

You’re Welcome! I wanted to post that information to the thread. So that everyone knows about the Novena. :evergreen_tree: :snowman:

1 Like

Im confused on the pray all 15 times and all at once. Isnt it the same thing?

The 15 prayers need to be said each day, but you may say all 15 at once, one right after another, or you may intersperse your prayers throughout your waking hours so that you can still keep your family routines. Although there are only two sentences in the prayer, if you write out your intentions, it may take too long to say very many before rushing off to school or work, and the intentions should remain private if privacy is wanted by the one praying. In other words, it’s out of line to ask another to reveal his private intentions.

Some people say part of the novena prayers at each meal or while driving, or just before bedtime. Most of us lead such busy lives that it is easier to complete the novena by breaking up the prayers. The bonus in interspersing the prayers with other activities is that over 25 days of praying this simple prayer at several different times, you also train yourself to think more often of Jesus and praying—wanting to pray becomes a habit. The prayer is a great way for the family to actively think about the impending birth of the Baby Jesus on a daily basis throughout Advent, leading right up to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, if you choose to do that, too.

1 Like

2nd Day — 1st Prayer — Sun, 12-1

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires […mention your intentions here…] through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

2 Likes

2nd Day —2nd Prayer — Sun, 12-1

St. Andrew’s Christmas Novena

There is indeed a deeper significance. St. Andrew was the very first disciple called by Our Lord—that is why, in the Orthodox tradition, he is known by the name Πρωτóκλητος, which means “First-Called.” Andrew is the one who convinced his brother, Simon, to become Jesus’ disciple. “We have found the Messiah!” Andrew said to him. Now we know Simon as Peter, the first pope.

In keeping with his role as “the first-called,” the feast of St. Andrew is found at the beginning of our new liturgical year.

XmasNovena4

2 Likes

Wait, that’s the Saint Andrew Novena?

Oops. I thought it started today (someone gave me a holy card with the prayer on it, and I could’ve sworn it started December 1).

1 Like

2nd Day —3rd Prayer — Sun, 12-1

2nd Day —4th Prayer — Sun, 12-1

First Candle lit

3 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.