Hurting My Parents Is Sumthing i will never forgive myself for

It happens over & over again. & with time i came to the conclusion i cnt ask for forgiveness every time i get angry & not watch wat i say. Its something that hurts me & makes me feel the worst person in this world. I feel not even god can forgive me. I always pray for that patience i urgently need. I try & change bt sumtimes it feels so hard to do. i dnt kno what else to do, bt than to pray to god & put myself in his hands & change because i want my parents to be proud of me & i want god to be proud.:( i know i can become that person i want to be, that person who pleases god & does not sin, what does it matter that im nice to people, i try and help other people, im pure for marriage, when at home i make my parents feel bad, i sometimes get frustrated with them, and sometimes im in a bad mood. none of that matters when i cant even respect my parents.

I'm sorry to hear that. Every family has rough times or times when things that should not be said are in the heat of the moment. Perhaps you should try telling your parents how you feel more often in a civil way. Or make a time to discuss things, but make an agreement that you must be civil. Pray for help and it will be given to you. What is the root of the problem? Is it something you could talk to them about and get around?

Its not sumthing big or anything like that its jst small talk.. for example today i had already told her i didnt want to go to the store with her & she said jst go with me so while i was getting ready i was thinking i should jst go with ther & nt leave her by herself so i went i helped out & everything bt when we were leaving she was jst standing ther looking at another customer so i told her in a rude way you should hurry up & stop staring at the people & that got her upset, then when we got home she was telling my dad how some people (me) didnt want to do any favors & dts when i couldnt keep my mouth shut & told her i had already told you i didnt want to go & she said sumthing back & i could hear it in her voice that she was upset & wanted to cry. Its jst small arguments bt my words always seem to hurt them both because im the type of person that cant keep my mouth shut & sumtimes im to honest. & i shouldnt be doing that with my parents because after all im so thankful for having them, i couldnt have any better parents than them. they have always supported me in everything & have always taught me values & respect i jst dont understand why im like this, why when im mad i completely forget my purpose my goals in life, my goal to change my bad habits & control my anger

[quote="jazz91, post:3, topic:249027"]
I & i shouldnt be doing that with my parents because after all im so thankful for having them, i couldnt have any better parents than them. they have always supported me in everything & have always taught me values & respect i jst dont understand why im like this, why when im mad i completely forget my purpose my goals in life, my goal to change my bad habits & control my anger

[/quote]

What I have quoted above is what you should share with them. Tell them how much you are thankful and care about them. And we all lose our tempers at times, but that will continue to get better as you mature. Make sure that after you lose your temper you apologize. That way you are owning up to what you did. When you have an urge to lose your temper think about what you are going to say. And if you don't think you will be able to handle it, pray a short prayer or take a few deep breaths before you say something, but never forget to tell them how appreciative you are and how much you love them.

As a side note, and this is none of my business, so you most definitely don't have to answer, but your mom was just standing there staring at a customer? Did she need something? Okay never mind thats none of my business and beside the point.
:)

thanks. that helped alot. & well okay she was not like staring at them directly she was jst waiting for me to finish putting the bags on the cart when the man nxt to us was saying the machine didnt give him his change & my mom was trying to help the man by telling him his change was on the lower left of the machine, bt i was already mad cuz the machine had taken forever & kept on saying we needed assistant we were at fresh and easy & the machines ther are so weird & complicated.

[quote="jazz91, post:5, topic:249027"]
thanks. that helped alot. & well okay she was not like staring at them directly she was jst waiting for me to finish putting the bags on the cart when the man nxt to us was saying the machine didnt give him his change & my mom was trying to help the man by telling him his change was on the lower left of the machine, bt i was already mad cuz the machine had taken forever & kept on saying we needed assistant we were at fresh and easy & the machines ther are so weird & complicated.

[/quote]

Haha okay. I figure she wasn't just staring a a random stranger. :D

I am glad I could help.

lol…oh no thank god she wasnt doing that.

Hi Jazz,

After you tell your parents you love them, perhaps, gets some space.
Go for a walk.
Find a hobby.
Fresh Air.
Kneel in a church pew.

God Bless

Jazz,
In this day and age where we have so much more control over things than we used to, it is easy to put fixing ourselves on our own To-Do lists when we really can't fix ourselves without generous help from God.

Pray to God to help you with your impatience and your tactlessness. Don't rely on yourself. When you slip, tell God that without Him you can do nothing and pray more. Offer up the little things like going to the grocery store: just say a little prayer like "all for Thee Dear Jesus, Who has suffered so much for me," and visualize Christ on the Cross.

Look for a book called Spiritual Combat by Dom Scupoli. They have it read out loud on CCEL and the text there and a couple of other places, and you should be able to find the text online.

And write God with a capital G !!!!!!!!!

Thank You So much & i will look that book up. :):thumbsup:

Hey, you feel bad and that means your conscience is in place, and that's a good thing! You know that you don't want to hurt your parents and you feel bad when you do hurt them. Can you go to Mass more often? Can you do Adoration? I find that when I am at my weakest, just being with Jesus helps me get stronger to fight the temptations I face. Go to confession more often too. Even if these aren't mortal sins you are trying to fight them, so make it a regular practice. Doing the penance may help you remember next time you want to lip off to your Mom!

:)

Prayers for you!

p.s. are you 13 or 14? This is normal. Not kind, but normal.

[quote="jazz91, post:1, topic:249027"]
It happens over & over again. & with time i came to the conclusion i cnt ask for forgiveness every time i get angry & not watch wat i say. Its something that hurts me & makes me feel the worst person in this world. I feel not even god can forgive me. I always pray for that patience i urgently need. I try & change bt sumtimes it feels so hard to do. i dnt kno what else to do, bt than to pray to god & put myself in his hands & change because i want my parents to be proud of me & i want god to be proud.:( i know i can become that person i want to be, that person who pleases god & does not sin, what does it matter that im nice to people, i try and help other people, im pure for marriage, when at home i make my parents feel bad, i sometimes get frustrated with them, and sometimes im in a bad mood. none of that matters when i cant even respect my parents.

[/quote]

Be patient with yourself... that is also a virtue. :) repent whenever you make a mistake and try to not make the same mistake again, but don't let this draw you further from believing in God's forgiveness. You can become the person you want to be by relying on His grace, not on your own strength, because we are not that strong :) God bless you.

Thank you all so much. Today was wonderful. i did a small prayer every time i felt i was getting upset over something, & i jst asked god for patience & understanding & i felt so much better & at peace with myself. & i do go to church as much as i can i attend thursdays when im nt in school & i go to my young adult meetings on friday & those always help alot. I also prayed the rosary & let me tell you after a good cry & jst talking with god i feel so much better, i feel at peace with my self, but i cnt let this happen again, it might be hard bt as long as i have faith in god & do my prayers i know god wont let me fail. & again thank you all for your kind words. :)

& im so emberrased bt even mention my age bt im not even 13 or 14 i wish, i think i was way better when i was that age. im actually 19 turning 20 this year :(

i will pray for you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.