Husband becoming badly disabled

Hello. My husband had polio when he was 3 and he is now 60 and is suffering very badly from old polio syndrome. He falls all of the time and keeps injuring himself badly. He is weakening a great deal. He can no longer climb the stairs to the bathroom and even if he can get there he cannot use the bath or other personal things. This is because he has no strength in his muscles - they are wasted.

We need to move house but houses are not selling at all in this climate. The market is totally dead. But our need to sell is urgent to get a house that can be adapted for my husband’s needs. Our house is going on the market on Monday, and we are praying that despite the market being so bad, we get a buyer. We desperately need this.

May I request your prayers for this intention? I am so grateful for any prayers.
Thankyou so much.

I’ll remember you and your husband in my prayers, and pray that your home sells quickly and for a fair price.

Prayers on the way!

Peace,

Gail

P.S. Being disabled is a crucifixion for all…I’ve been disabled for years. I have good days and not so good days. I offer it all up…

Dear Lord, have mercy on Lorre’s husband.Please support him and his wife in their needs. This husband needs a low-set home so that he can move about less harmfully and distressingly.
Please assist this couple in every possible way, including in selling thei home at a good price in order to re-locate. Look kindly on the Lord and grant their prayers.

Mother Mary please pray for them.

Don’t forget to ask St. Joseph to pray for you as well. He’s very good at helping people sell their houses!
In Christ,
Jennifer

+JMJTJ+

These intentions will be in my prayers.

*Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Prayers promised

Praying for your intentions

God bless

Praying for his health and for the quick sell of your home.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

all my wishes are with you and you guys will be in my prayers god bless!

Lorrie:

You and your husband are definitely in my prayers. We have an older gentleman at St. Marys who has Post Polio Syndrome, and it’s advanced to where he now receives skilled nursing care and can’t make it up the stairs in front of our parish (It’s a small Church with Historic Landmark status and the congregation hasn’t been able to afford to make it Handicapped Accessible - Something I could use).

So, I know you’re making difficult choices… I worked with Developmentally Disabled Adults for 3 years, So I might have an idea or two…

Have you and your husband checked into a “Stairlift” (links available) to get him up and down the stairs or into making your restroom handicapped accessible (I can get details for you)?

Because he’s got the disability he does and should qualify for SSD and MEDICARE, the federal government should have a program (under the ADA - Contact your local Congressperson and State Assembly Person for details) to assist you with financing the needed installations.

Even if you had to use some of your savings and retirement and your parish had to help out with this, that would still be better than trying to sell your home in this market and the stress of turning your lives upside down.

As I said, you and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers. Please talk to him and ask his doctor about PRESCRIBING the above.

Please don’t hesitate to PM me for details on the “Stairlift” or making your restroom accessible.

Your Brother in Christ, Michael

Praying for you and your husband.

You have been remembered in my rosary intentions. May God bless you. Amen

Heavenly Father in Your infinite mercy, reach Your eternal arm over Lorre and her husband. Heal his physical afflictions. Help them overcome these trials beset before them. Unite them with love now and forever. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :gopray2:

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Where we sre exhausted in our human strength, God picks up. He will carry you both through, while now seems very daunting. May you be able to find a positive outcome in this very soon–and I pray for a miracle for your husband’s healing.:gopray:

Praying very hard for your intentions!

Of course! Praying right now.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.