Husband gets into occult. now wants to leave wife and kids

the husband of my friend has been exploring various new age religions. one of them being something with animal spirits. all of this has led him down a dark path, to where he now says he is an atheist. his drinking has gotten out of control as well where he passes out at his neighbors house and doesn’t tell his wife where’s he’s at.

they have three young children and he told his wife that he wasn’t happy and that he wanted a divorce.

the wife was brought up in a fundamentalist Christian family that scared her away with all their fire and brimstone talk. i have been praying for them both and she seems to be responding. she told me something changed for her a few months ago and now every morning she wakes up and prays and asks God to shower her with love so she can do good. it bothers me that she was taught so much nonsense about Catholicism, and Christianity in general. honestly if i was taught all that she had been, i’d have turned my back on Christ too. she does make me laugh though, because everything she disagrees with about Christianity is some form of heresy. she has no idea how much of her beliefs actually are Catholic.

she now has this feeling that demons are trying to take her kids and that her husband is surrounded by them.

her mother asked her to read the Bible and she feels she doesn’t need that to know God and that religion is just divisive, yet she did make an attempt to start to read John. she said when she started a voice in her head said if she were to continue reading, then she was going to have her kids taken away from her.

also i am pretty certain that both parents were baptized in protestant Churches, but the children were never baptized.

please pray for both of them. nothing short of divine intervention can save their souls and their marriage. i keep praying that they both will convert to Catholicism to find the peace and answers they have been seeking. and also that the children can be baptized in the Holy Catholic Church.

thank you.
jen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Father in the Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ, I bow before you and place this family in your hands of mercy. Care for them Father. I know that you are ever so mindful of them. Father, I ask that you send your angels to protect them and heal them. Send laborers and teachers who are under your authority to lead this family to Christ. I ask Father that you help the scale on the eyes of this family to fall off and see you, Lord. Only You can fill what is missing in their lives. I also plead for the three small children and pray peace over their minds, hearts, and bodies. In the name of Jesus I pray that the scriptures will become more real to this mother than her current situation. In the name of Jesus, I ask that if their is any force that may be speaking to the minds of this family that is not in accorance to the teaching of the Church, that they be put to a halt. May the blood of Jesus cover them. I ask this in cofidence that Father you care for us and are ever so mindful of us. In the powerful, wonderful name of Jesus. Lord hear my prayer, Amen.

+JMJTJ+

***This man and his family will be in my prayers for ***
protection, conversion, and healing.

***St. Michael the Archangel, ***
***defend us in battle. ***
***Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. ***
***May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, ***
***and do thou, ***
***O Prince of the heavenly hosts, ***
***by the power of God, ***
***thrust into hell Satan, ***
***and all the evil spirits, ***
***who prowl about the world ***
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Angels of God please intercede for and protect this family.
Holy Spirit please go to the members of the family and open their spirits to God, driving away any evil influences from their hearts, minds, and lives. Please lead these persons to the gospel and true faith of Jesus.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Lord have mercy.

praying for this family…

thank you all so much for your prayers! the husband has had a change of heart and is now acting quite tender towards his wife. they have agreed to work on things and are actually being affectionate for the first time in months.

how prayer can bring light into dark places never ceases to astound me.

thank you all so much. please continue to keep them in your prayers as they are both not out of the woods yet.

mucho love to all of you!
:grouphug:

***+JMJTJ+

Praise God!
They will continue to be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

praying for this family
grandma glor

God is so good. His love endures forever. Thank you for your testimony. It refreshes my soul to know how God answers prayer.

Patry

Praying for this family:)

LORD Jesus
heal Ur Son

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Prayers promised

please more prayers. the husband in addition to his wandering eye and telling his wife that he would be ok with her sleeping with other men, has now shown a dark nature towards his children. when his 5 year old son wouldn’t listen to him, he told his child several days later (after ignoring him) that they were “at war”.

my heart is breaking as he was such a kind person, but now he is a brooding passive aggressive selfish being. all marriages go through trials, but to think of him mentally/verbally punishing his children this way is very upsetting.

also, i don’t know if i posted this before, but my friend over heard her eldest son who was playing with a girl on a trampoline. she said that she loved the light and then her son replied that “he loved satan”! i think he is only 9 years old. her family members have noted that something dark is around her home and husband. i have noted the change in the husband as well.

please pray for her and for his conversion. never in my life have i seen such a clear case of choosing to create hell on earth by doing one’s selfish will over God’s Holy will.

all i can do is pray, because his attitude makes me so angry i just want to throttle him for being so stupid. i know that does no good and is not what God wants, but until i can get my temper under control, please help me to just stay calm and pray. but seriously he is acting like a dumb #@&*%!

many thanks for those that will keep them in their prayers.

Holding this family in my prayers.

Continuing in prayer. Have you spoken to your parish priest. Perhaps when your husband is away from home, have the priest bless or even exorcise your home. Anything that can be done to battle the forces of evil.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.