Husband Has Parkinson's Disease

Dear Friends,i Sorry That I Haven’t Been Able To Post That Much Due To The Fact That My Husband Has Parkinson’s Disease. I Am Asking For Prayers For Him So That He Will Use The Right Judgement
When He Tries To Get Up And So Forth. I Can Not Tell You How Many Times He Has Fallen Down The Steps And Outside. Yesterday My Son Was Here And He Told Him To Stay Put That He Will Be Back. On His Return He Found Him In A Pool Of Blood.thank God It Wasn’t More Serious.
I Am Also Asking For Prayers For Myself That God Will Give Me The Strength And Courage To Handle All Of This.
Thank You And God Bless Everyone
Grandma Glor

I can understand how frustrating it could be for your husband not to be able to do ordinary things, and also how worrying and distressing it may be for you to see him like this, and to find him hurt. It must be such a worry!

I ask the Lord to help you both…for him to be able to bear and accept his limitations, and for you to deal with all you must. God bless, comfort, and help you both.

I will pray for you and your husband.:signofcross:

May the Lord’s Divine Mercy give you the strength to deal with what has happened. I pray that your husband be safe.

~~ God Bless.

Praying for you and your husband.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Grandma Glor:

There’s nothing to be sorry about - What you’re going through isn’t easy, and I wouldn’t expect anyone in your situation to create dozens of witty, insightful posts. I’m just happy that you’ve decided to try to share your burden with us - Hopefully, sharing this burden will help both of us.

I’ve gone through this with 2 people that I knew, One was my former Bishop, the other my neighbor. It was sad, and frustrating, to watch two war heroes (One American and one Israeli) have their physical abilities ravaged by this disease.

Bishop James Stewart of the Diocese of the West in the ACA-TAC had to step down in Oct., 2006 because of his advancing aggressive Parkinson’s. I drove him to his hotel after one of his last “Episcopal” visits. He was so unsteady during the service I had one of the acolytes position himself near him for the entire service.

One of my neighbors recently died after a prolonged battle with Parkinson’s. I think He had most of the “cutting edge” treatments as they became available. After one (Adult Stem Cell Implants) he rallied so much he actually was walking faster with his walker than I was with my walking sticks (I now use a walker). That lasted for about 1-1/2 years.

I can only imagine how it must feel for you to watch this happen to your husband and I can only imagine how it must feel for your husband to experience this process.

You do have my prayers and my empathy. As close as I can know, I do think I know what you’re going through, and it’s not easy. May God hold you, and your husband in the Palm of His Hand, and please realize that not even this can separate you from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus.

I hope this helps.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael

Praying very hard for you and your husband!

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I Want To Thank Everyone Who Are Praying For My Husband. I Will Also Keep All Of You In My Prayers.
It Is So Hard To See A Man Who Worked As A Stone Mason And Was Very Strong And Now Sometimes He Can’t Do Anything For Himself.
Thank You And God Bless All Of You.
Grandma Glor

Grandma Glor:

I am praying for your husband, may his Guardian Angel help him remain at peace and wait for help instead of risking yet another fall.
I also pray for you, may our Loving Mother embrace you and help you cope with whatever difficulties come your way with peace, strength, hope and also experience continuous joy for the many good things that God will make sure will also come your way.

Alma

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.