Husband left me

My husband left 4months ago. I am praying everyday that things will change and little by little they do, but I wanted to know if anyone else has lived with out there spouse for that long and was able to work things out and have a good marriage afterwards

While I don’t have any advice for you, I just to let you know that I will say a prayer for you tonight. Keep your head high and heart focused on the Lord. He will lead you to the right path.

:blessyou:

Thank you!! I appreciate all the prayers we can get!

Hi,

There are some good marriage resources on-line where you may find people who have been successful in restoring their marriages. I think Life on the Rock had someone about a year ago but I don’t remember their web site. Big help :o Maybe you could search the EWTN web site for marriage helps.

I will say a prayer for your marriage.

God bless,
Sharon

Well, you are not alone. There’s all kinds of people here who’ve been through it, or are going through it. Take a peek and see what’s up.

And you have my prayers, as well…

I am so sorry. What a hard thing. I have not walked in your shoes, but once I had a powerful message from God on the topic.

I’d been filled with anxiety for several months that my husband might leave me and my five kids. I was sitting in Adoration telling Jesus about my fears when I had an interior locution. Jesus said, “it will be all right. I will take care of you.” I knew immediately that he was saying that if my husband left, we would be fine. Or, if he stayed, we would be fine. Not that it wouldn’t be hard, but that my fears about coping psychologically, financially, and my fears for my children’s development were unecessary. It took several weeks to let go of those fears and obtain peace.

I don’t know it that helps, but I wanted to share it with you.

There is a great book called Fascinating Womanhood that has worked very well. Try it I will pray.

Honey, I will pray for you. I feel so bad that something like this has befallen you. My brother and his wife did have problems in the begining of their Marriage, even sperated for 6 months, but they did come back to each other and in July will be celebrating their 16th wedding anniversey. I pray everything will work out for you. :blessyou:

[quote=jnfr1124]My husband left 4months ago. I am praying everyday that things will change and little by little they do, but I wanted to know if anyone else has lived with out there spouse for that long and was able to work things out and have a good marriage afterwards
[/quote]

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!NEVER FORGET THAT!!! My husband also left me 4 months ago for the don’t know how many times and we have tried and sometimes it is better to just let go. It is not an easy thing that is what I am strongling with right now but I have to walk away for my own piece of mind. In the past 4 months have been to hospital twice once for depression and I do not want to go back there. I need to heal emotionally and spiritually and that is what is important to me right now. Take it one day at a time and surround yourself with positive people that are going to boost you.

Let it go for 2006

By T. D. Jakes

There are people who can walk away from you.

And hear me when I tell you this! When people can walk away from you: let them walk. I don’t want you to try to talk another person into staying
with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you, coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone.

When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left.

The bible said that, they came out from us that it might be made manifest that they were not for us. For had they been of us, no doubt they would have continued with us. [1 John 2:19]

People leave you because they are not joined to you. And if they are not joined to you, you can’t make them stay. Let them go.

And it doesn’t mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over. And you’ve got to know when people’s part in your story is over so that you don’t keep trying to raise the dead. You’ve got to know when it’s dead.

You’ve got to know when it’s over. Let me tell you something. I’ve got the gift of good-bye. It’s the tenth spiritual gift, I believe in good-bye. It’s not that I’m hateful, it’s that I’m faithful, and I know whatever God means for me to have He’ll give it to me. And if it takes too much sweat I don’t need it. Stop begging people to stay. Let them go!!

If you are holding on to something that doesn’t belong to you and was never intended for your life, then you need to… LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to past hurts and pains … LET IT GO!!!

If someone can’t treat you right, love you back, and see your worth… LET IT GO!!!

If someone has angered you … LET IT GO!!!

If you are holding on to some thoughts of evil and revenge … LET IT GO!!!

If you are involved in a wrong relationship or addiction … LET IT GO!!!

If you keep judging others to make yourself feel better … LET IT GO!!!

If you are struggling with the healing of a broken relationship … LET IT GO!!!

If you keep trying to help someone who won’t even try to help themselves … LET IT GO!!!

Let the past be the past. Forget the former things. GOD is doing a new thing for 2006!

One of my dh’s aunt’s lived separate from her dh for almost 10 years, they lived in the same road but not in the same house, as they were arguing a lot and didn’t feel it was good to bring up their children this way. After 10 years they did move in together again and they’re celabrating their 50th wedding anniversary this year. So, it IS possible, but both sides have to work at it!

Anna x

My parents were married for 22 years when they divorced. My dad didn’t exactly leave my mom, but they did split up. The marriage was over long before it was over, I’ve always said. But when my dad moved out, my mom and I didn’t get along well at all. So much so that he moved back in just to keep the peace (I was 16 at the time. He slept in the guest bedroom).

Today, I’m 32 years old. My father is still in the house. While it’s not a marriage, my parents get along better than I ever remember them getting along. They don’t share a bed or anything of that nature, but they are definitely best friends. That’s what was always missing from their marriage. If only they hadn’t actually gotten divorced; maybe just seperated, they’d still be married today and probably truly in love for the first time in their marriage.

This isn’t exactly your situation, but I hoped to convey to you that sometimes, a period of absence can give both sided time to remember that they have something special in each other.

I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

sCV

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.