Husband of 20 years leaving me

I am an alcoholic. After 3.5 years of continuous sobriety I relapsed. Now he is leaving me. I have been kicked out of our home, my girls won’t talk to me at all. I am honestly devastated. I was released from teaching confirmation and the DRE and Priest didn’t even bother to tell me.
I need prayers

Praying for you and your family. May God give you the strength to stay sober and comfort you. I pray your husband and children have a change of heart and forgive you.

Praying an Our Father and Hail Mary for you…

I am so very sorry to hear of your situation. May God grant you the ability to continue your walk in sobriety, find a support network for you NOW, and I’m sorry to hear about your girls as well.
I pray for you and for a drastic improvement in your situation and also forgiving hearts of your family. You’re not the first person to make a mistake and you can be forgiven like anyone else,
albeit if not by your husband in terms of inviting you back in the home but by Jesus himself.
Take Care and God Bless,
Mary.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
the Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the
hour of our death,
Amen. :gopray:

I am so sorry you are going through this. I will pray that you have the strength to return to sobriety and that Jesus will help you. It is possible that your family deeply loves you they are just shocked and hurt by the recent turn of events. Prayers for healing for all of you please take care as best as you can. God bless you.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

God bless you. You are in pain, and you will be severely tempted to crawl into alcohol for reprieve. Do not do it. Seek out support immediately. Do not let pride separate you from finding help. Be humble and contrite. We love you and are praying you. :crossrc:

I have said a prayer for you. Please find a meeting ASAP and reestablish sobriety. If you’re in or near a city of any significant size, then there should be an AA facility that’s open most of the day somewhere near you. Go there, find an old-timer, and start talking.

God bless and keep you.

My heart truly goes out to you. You are in my prayers. I pray that you will get the help & support you will need to overcome your addiction. I pray that your husband will have a change of heart and I pray your family will be able to show how much they love you If you post this thread in the Prayers Intentions Forum you may get more prayer warriors praying for and with you.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me Amen

I’m sorry to hear you’re going through this! That is so hard. You can tell–we feel for you here! :grouphug:

You can’t undo what is done. You* can *re-establish something of the position of trust you lost, even though you can only do it one day and a little bit at a time. It will take a long time, you will need support to help you, it won’t recover everything lost, but you can do it, one day at a time. Get lots of support, especially get support that knows how to support you through this, and hang in there! God does not cause these things to happen, but when they do happen, God can bring a victory out of them! He can bring a victory out of what you are going through, too.

If the LORD were not my help,
I would long have been silent in the grave.
When I say, “My foot is slipping,”
your love, LORD, holds me up.
When cares increase within me,
your comfort gives me joy
Ps. 94:17-19

:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

My rosary for you.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Thank you all so much. I met with my Priest and he apologized about how they had handled releasing me from teaching. I know it was for the best both for me and my students. I need to concentrate on staying sober.

Meanwhile, my husband is still not budging. He is convinced that we need to be divorced and will not consider Retrouvaille.

Continued prayers are needed. My girls still won’t speak to me and it’s been almost 3 months.

Steph

I’m happy to hear you had a good talk with your pastor.

Hang in there! Stay in prayer and stay around those who will support your sobriety through this difficult time. You have broken a trust, but you will achieve the best and soonest reconciliation by amending as you are and staying the course of sobriety and fidelity, no matter what happens.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.