Husband with advanced cancer

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=490652

Please pray for my husband, Rodney, who has advanced cancer and will be undergoing treatment. Please pray that God will cure Rodney in body, mind and spirit. Please pray that God will not make me a widow. This is so hard for me because my mom died when I was 7 and I remember praying to God not to take her but He did.

Please say a prayer for me, too, because I feel I could not go on living if something were to happen to my husband. He provides for me and takes care of me and does all our shopping because I have an anxiety disorder. I also haven’t worked in over 10 years and I don’t know how I would support myself. I’d rather be poor than to lose my husband.

Please pray for us! Thank you!

Therese

Father of goodness and love, hear our prayers for Rodney. Amid his physical suffering may he find consolation in your healing presence. Show your mercy as you cure his illness, May he find lasting health and deliverance, and so join us in thanking you for all your gifts. We ask this through the Lord Jesus Christ.
I pray, Lord, that you would give Therese the gift of inner peace. Be beside, above and before her as she walks this journey. Jesus, we trust in You!!!

Dear Therese,
I pray that our Lord hears your prayer from the depth of your soul and that His will is
for strength of your heart and soul. May His Mother Mary be your mother at this
difficult time to comfort you. I truly pray that Our Lord pours out every grace and
mercy your heart and soul need at this very difficult time. I will pray for you.
Love,
Lorraine

Prayers and a Rosary said for both you and Rod. :console:

CROWN OF THORNS PRAYER

Dear Lord,
I am grieved when I consider Thy sad condition
when Thou wore the Crown of Thorns upon Thy hold Head.
I desire to withdraw the thorns
by offering to the Eternal Father
the merits of Thy Wounds for the salvation of sinners.
I wish to unite my actions
to the merits of Thy Most Holy Crown,
so that they may gain many merits,
as Thou hast promised.

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for us!

You know what is needed, holy God. Please let it be so for Your honor and glory.

Lord You promise that we will not be tested beyond our endurance, but sometimes we are tested close to that level. Please help us, please help Therese, to trust that You provide at each moment the graces and help necessary.
Please help her and her husband, whose ordeal of this illness and anxiety has gone on for so long now. Please flood them with all the graces they so need to get through each day with hope and consolation.

Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.

Amen.

Praying for you and Rodney ...

A Prayer to St. Peregrine for Sick Relatives and Friends

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called “The Mighty”, “The Wonder Worker” because
of the numerous miracles which you obtained from God for those who have turned to you in
their need. For so many years, you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys
the very fiber of our being.

You turned to God when the power of human beings could do no more, and you were favored
with the vision of Jesus coming down from His cross to heal your affliction. I now ask God to
heal these sick persons whom I entrust to you:
I pray for thereseozi and her husband, that God may heal her husband if it is His will, and that He will support therese in all her needs.

Aided by your powerful intercession, I shall sing with Mary a hymn of gratitude
to God for His great goodness and mercy. Amen.

Lord God , we praise and thank you for the good news that Rodney has received , for giving him hope and letting him learn that the disease has not spread .We pray that guided by the Holy Spirit , he will continue to make the right decisions with regard to his healthcare and that the further Lupron injection on September 30th will further aid his recovery . Amen .

Prayer for Healing
Lord, look upon Rodney with eyes of mercy, may your healing hand rest upon him , may your lifegiving powers flow into every cell of his body and into the depths of his soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring him to wholeness and strength for service in your Kingdom. Amen.

O St.Peregrine , you who have been called " The Wonder -Worker" because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you ,who for so many years bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being , and who had recourse to The Source of All Grace , when the power of man could do no more : you who were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction , ask of God and Our Lady the cure of these sick persons whom we entrust to you : Rodney, and all who suffer from cancer .
Aided in this way by your powerful intercession , we shall sing praise to God for His great goodness and mercy , now and forever. Amen

Lord God , please support and sustain Rodney and Therese with Your Love and Compassion in this time of great worry . Amen .

:highprayer::signofcross:

Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.

Amen

Lord thankyou for hearing our prayers for Rodney and Therese.Thankyou that Rodney is showing positive signs in his health.We continue to pray that Rodney will be completely healed and ask You would grant a miracle to Rodney and heal him of his cancer.Please comfort both Rodney and Therese at this exceptionally worrying time for them.May they feel Your presence in their lives and feel reassured of Your love for each of them.Lord please grant healing to Rodney guide his medical staff to have the knowledge necessary and skills required to heal him.Guide their hands when they perform medical tasks that they are able to treat him according to Your will.Lord we pray that this month will reveal further good results for Rodney. Through Christ Our Lord Amen

Prayer for a Miracle
God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from
the darkness, I ask you now to send forth your miracle-working power to heal this husband. You cleansed the lepers, opened the eyes of the blind and by speaking a simple command, you empowered the crippled to rise up and walk.
You sent forth your life-giving power to all those in need, including those you raised from
the dead. Despite what the doctors say if this be Your Will I ask you to send forth your healing power into this husband's body and give him the strength to fight his illness. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

St. Jude, the glorious apostle faithful servant and friend of Jesus,
the patron of hopeless cases of things despaired of,
pray for this husband who is sick and so miserable.
Make use we implore you of this particular privilege accorded to you,
to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of.
Come to our assistance in this great time of need,
that he may receive the consolations and succor of Heaven
in all his necessities, tribulations and sufferings,
particularly to help our friend to get better from his illness
and to give him good health
and to guide his path,
and that we may bless God with you
and all the elect forever.
I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude,
to be ever mindful of this great favor,
and I will never cease to honor you
as my special and powerful patron
and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.
Amen

A Prayer to St. Peregrine for Sick Relatives and Friends
O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty", the "The Wonder Worker" because of the numerous miracles which you obtained from God for those who have turned to you in their need. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being. You turned to God when the power of human beings could do no more, and you were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His cross to heal your affliction. I now ask God to heal these sick persons whom I entrust to you:
(we pray for this husband to be healed)
Aided by your powerful intercession, I shall sing with Mary a hymn of gratitude to God for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Father of goodness and love, hear our prayers for Rodney. Amid his illness may he find consolation in your healing presence. Show your mercy as you cure him, May he find lasting health and deliverance, and so join us in thanking you for all your gifts. We ask this through the Lord Jesus Christ.
Dear Therese, may the God of all hope enfold you and free you from anxiety. He holds your future in His hands. May He comfort and console you as you place your trust in Him.

Lord You promise that we will not be tested beyond our endurance, but sometimes we are tested close to that level. Please help us, please help Therese, to trust that You provide at each moment the graces and help necessary.
Please help her and her husband, whose ordeal of this illness and anxiety has gone on for so long now. Please flood them with all the graces they so need to get through each day with hope and consolation.

St Therese, whose mother endured cancer and whose father lost his faculties, you know the sorrow of ill and suffering family.
Please pray for Therese and her husband.

Lord God , we praise and thank you for the good news that Rodney has received , for giving him hope and letting him learn that the disease has not spread .We pray that guided by the Holy Spirit , he will continue to make the right decisions with regard to his healthcare and that the further Lupron injection on September 30th will further aid his recovery . Amen .

Prayer for Healing
Lord, look upon Rodney with eyes of mercy, may your healing hand rest upon him , may your lifegiving powers flow into every cell of his body and into the depths of his soul, cleansing, purifying, restoring him to wholeness and strength for service in your Kingdom. Amen.

O St.Peregrine , you who have been called " The Wonder -Worker" because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you ,who for so many years bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being , and who had recourse to The Source of All Grace , when the power of man could do no more : you who were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction , ask of God and Our Lady the cure of these sick persons whom we entrust to you : Rodney, and all who suffer from cancer .
Aided in this way by your powerful intercession , we shall sing praise to God for His great goodness and mercy , now and forever. Amen

Lord God , please support and sustain Rodney and Therese with Your Love and Compassion in this time of great worry . Amen .

Prayer for Healing

Lord Jesus Christ, you know all our pain and sorrow and bore them for us on the cross. In the illness which Rodney now experiences allow him to know your presence, strengthen his faith when he would despair, and give me the assurance of your eternal love and healing power.
Father, you are our refuge in good and in bad times. In your infinite mercy, bring peace, comfort and freedom from anxiety as Therese waits upon You. Holding onto His promise with you from Philippians 4:19:
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.