Husband with prostate cancer. Surgery cancelled due to complication

Thank you with all my heart to everyone who has been praying for my husband, Rodney. We thought today would be a good day and that the cancer would be removed, but the surgery was cancelled because of complications with the anesthesia. Now another delay and more tests trying to figure out what’s wrong while the cancer sits in his body.

My first reaction was to ask God why did He allow this to happen when so many people have been praying for Rodney. Now I’m starting to wonder if it’s better not to pray for anything specific, but to only pray to do God’s will. Does anyone know which is the better way to pray?

Please also pray that we do not become financially ruined because of medical bills.

Thank you to all of you!!!

Therese

My first reaction was to ask God why did He allow this to happen when so many people have been praying for Rodney. Now I’m starting to wonder if it’s better not to pray for anything specific, but to only pray to do God’s will. Does anyone know which is the better way to pray?]

Do not despair. :nope:
Everything happens for a reason. He is in God’s loving hands. Maybe this was not the best day for that surgery and it was probably delay thanks to so many prayers! :slight_smile:
Learn from Jesus in Getsemani: He says what He needs but abandons Himself to the will of His Father…
I entrust you and your husband to His infinite mercy and wisdom.:heart:

***Our Father, who art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, THY WILL BE DONE on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. ***

I pray that all is well with your husband and I ask Saint Peregrine to watch over him.

Glorious wonder-worker, St. Peregrine,
You answered the divine call
With a ready spirit,
And forsook all the comforts of the world
To dedicate yourself to God
In the Order of His Most Holy Mother.

You labored manfully
For the salvation of souls;
And in union with Jesus Crucified
You endured the most painful sufferings
With such patience
As to deserve to be
Healed miraculously
Of an incurable cancer
In your leg by a touch
Of his divine hand.

Obtain for me
The grace to answer
Every call of God
And to fulfill His Will
In all the events of life.

Enkindle in my heart
A consuming zeal
For the salvation of souls;
Deliver me from the infirmities
that afflict my body

[State your intention(s) here…]

Obtain for me
Perfect resignation to the sufferings
It may please God to send me,
So that, imitating our Crucified Savior
And His Sorrowful Mother,
I may merit eternal glory in heaven.

Amen.

St. Peregrine, pray for me
And for all who invoke your aid.

I’ll be praying for your husband.

Praying! :gopray2:

Praying for you and Rodney. :gopray2:

Praying for all of your needs.

With my prayers.

I don’t know what his status is, but generally prostate cancer is slow growing. If it is in the early stages, delay is rough on the nerves, but has no effect on the outcome. I had it seven years ago and all is going well.

Two years ago I was to have a triple by-pass on Monday. The surgeon called me Sunday afternoon to tell me he had been working all weekend on emergencies. He believed he could do surgery on Monday with no problem, but would rather take two days off. I immediately agreed with him. The wait was aggravating, but I preferred to have everything at its best, and appreciated a cautious surgeon.

Praying for your husband, he is in God’s hands!:gopray2:

Continued prayers for your husband and family…

Will keep Rodney and your finances in prayer.

Keeping you both in my prayers.

I will continue to pray. Let us know when it’s rescheduled.

Please remember that all is in God’s time. Something was wrong with the timing, or the equipment or possibly with one of the persons present. The Lord knows His divine plan for your husband and will care for him in the days ahead just as he has preserved him thus far.

Gracious and merciful Lord, hear the prayers of the faithful and grant a complete and successful surgery to remove this cancer. May there be a total remission of this disease just as you lovingly grant remission of our sins. We ask this through Christ, our Lord, who lives and reins with You and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever. Amen.

Praying for you, your husband and his doctors.
Gearoidin

How is Rodney doing? Was the surgery ever rescheduled? Let us know how you are both doing. Still praying!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.