I am a former Catholic ask me anything

You may pick my brain and ask anything you wish. I won’t bite I promise. I think its very important to learn about one another. If you have a family member that has left the Catholic Church I can give some insight on where he or she is coming from.

Thanks

I’ll start, what drew you away, and where are you now?

Grace and Peace,

One of my childhood friends who brought his whole family into the Catholic Faith only practiced the Faith for a few years before becoming very disenchanted and entered into Eastern Orthodoxy just this past year. After not speaking with him for a few months I hear he is beginning to firt with Buddhism. I don’t know why he appears to be so spiritually restless but I cannot think that such restlessness will be good for the general wellbeing of his family.

Anything?

What do you recommend for ground-in grass stains?

All my best . . .

Thanks for asking Edyson. My fiance’ at the time had been in a horrible accident and was banged up pretty bad. We had a one year old son at the time and I had to be the sole provider for him for some time. I come from a traditional Catholic Hispanic family where the man o’ the house does his best to provide for his family but leaves much of the care of the little ones to the woman. I was scared out of my mind! I needed God’s help. I started reading the Catholic Bible on the mantle.

As for now I don’t belong to a church. It’s just me and the word. And Jesus who I can’t see or touch. The separation I feel from my family and the alienation are what hurt the most.

Three Our Fathers…and…just kidding! See…we can laugh with one another…

A new garment!
Revelation 16

15Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame

So I guess we should keep the stained grass garment…lol

That’s for sure. At least you and I both bear testimony for Jesus!

FAQ by Catholics to ex-Catholic - Why did you?

May God bless you and shines his face on you, be kind to you and gives you peace.

I don’t understand how this could’ve driven you away from the Faith. :confused:

Three Our Fathers…and…just kidding! See…we can laugh with one another…

A new garment!
Revelation 16

15Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame

So I guess we should keep the stained grass garment…lol

Great answer!:thumbsup: Welcome aboard this crazy place. Glad to have you. (I spent a couple of years in exile in Winslow back in my high school days. Love Arizona.)

Next question: How do you like being a momma? (I’m a “Poppy” myself).

The Catholic Church has been with us for almost 2000 years. There is a tremendous amount of good, deep, theological, philosophical, and spiritual material to explain why it is the one church built by Jesus Christ.

Did you take the time to read about the basics of this oldest institution on the planet?

Did you every wonder why it has not fallen?

Do you know why it never will fall?

Do you know what risks you are taking by rejecting it?

If you’re a former Catholic, why did you stop following Jesus, despite your screen name?

Thanks for asking Edyson. My fiance’ at the time had been in a horrible accident and was banged up pretty bad. We had a one year old son at the time and I had to be the sole provider for him for some time. I come from a traditional Catholic Hispanic family where the man o’ the house does his best to provide for his family but leaves much of the care of the little ones to the woman. I was scared out of my mind! I needed God’s help. I started reading the Catholic Bible on the mantle.

As for now I don’t belong to a church. It’s just me and the word. And Jesus who I can’t see or touch. The separation I feel from my family and the alienation are what hurt the most.

**Just you and the word, huh?

How does this fit with the infallible Word of God that says, “Let us not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some?”

And Jesus said, “Touch Me and see it is I Myself.”

And as it is also written, “O, taste and see that the Lord is good!”

None of this explains why your fiance’s accident steered you away from the simplicity of the Gospel to the “do your own thing” mystery of iniquity.**

I did not read the posts in front of your question.

My question is what are you now

And why did you post this?

What does “This is my body” mean?

How were you able to walk away from Jesus in the Holy Eucharist? (John 6)

To know the truth in the Catholic church, then reject it is a grave sin.
Good luck.

Truth is one thing, brethren, but piling on isn’t becoming.

It is very telling that at the time you fell away from the Church you were living in sin. Cohabiting without benefit of marriage and fathering a child out of wedlock are serious sins. Did you ever consider repenting of those sins rather than abandoning the faith of your fathers?

Perhaps you missed the parts about sin and repentance in your bible. :hmmm:

Come home. You’ll be happier, I promise.

Paul

Follow Yeshua,

Nothing in your story thus far begins to explain your decision to leave the Catholic Church.

Care to enlighten us?

Thanks,
Paul

I don’t see anyone piling on, only people asking questions as the OP asked us to do.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.