I am a woman and want to stop masturbating

Please pray for me, I’ve discovered masturbation and I want to stop. I feel like there’s little support for me here because I am a girl. I see so many posts but they’re all written by males and this makes me feel extra horrible. I’m engaged. Though I am away from my fiancé, and we were always chaste, I’m having a really hard time with this. His job won’t let us get married until a couple of years down the road. I want to stop…I go to confession soon after it happens, but it keeps getting harder. I’m ashamed to mention it to other people besides my priest. Thanks. I really want to stop, and I try, but sometimes I end up doing it, even though I don’t want to be doing it while it’s happening.

You are in my prayer. May your heart be near the Immaculate Heart of Mother Mary - where the Source of purity shall be found.

I’m sure that God sees your remorse and that you want to stop this habit. I’m praying for you that you’ll be able to give up it up. God bless you and may your mind be filled with chaste and pious thoughts.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for your intentions…

God bless!

You have my prayers and my understanding. We ignore the fact that women have the same urges as men. God bless you.

May I a man make a suggestion??:o

When in bed, before you sleep, get your rosary beads and pray. Your hand will be busy and if your tired you will be asleep before the end of the first decade. During the day, keep yourself busy, maybe take up a craft.

My Mom always said “The devil makes work for idle hands”

I’ll pray for you as well.:gopray:

Surrender to your holy mother, she respects your freedom but until you surrdender your intentions and needs over to her, you will never recive the fullest of her blessings. She can very much help you through this she loves you and will help you stop.

Hail Mary…

Hail Mary…

Hail Mary…

Praying very hard for you!

I’ve found the only way to break a bad habit is just to resolve to stop doing it, and then do so immediately.

Not tomorrow or the day after.

Now.

It helps if you make a mental note of how bad you felt after you did the bad deed, then remember this when next you are tempted.

Dear Lord, please help my sister. We want to bring you glory but there are times we fail. Please strengthen us to do your will. Amen

My name is John, Giovanni in italian,I had the same problem . I’ ll pray for you. Ask Jesus to stop this habit .

You remind me a lot of myself. Sometimes its easy to forget how many women suffer from this, not just men. I’ve found it helps to confront the reason why we’re drawn to it in the first place (loneliness e.t.c.) but your most powerful weapon right now is prayer, especially the Rosary. Just remember that however many times you fall, its infinitely better to struggle and fail than to give up. Jesus will always be there to forgive and heal those who are truly sorry, like you. :slight_smile: Don’t give up!

Praying for you!

Praying for you…

Dear sister, one thing that REALLY helped me with purity was frequenting the sacraments more often. Not just confession, but Holy Communion. When I went from weekly Communion to daily Communion, my temptations to be impure grew less and less. Is there any way that your schedule will allow you to go to daily Mass, or even once or twice during the week? Receiving Christ in the Eucharist is such a powerful blessing. Hope this helps. You are in my prayers!

I suggest you to pray a rosary when you have this temptation. In life we have to struggle and the pray is the biggest weppon.Ask also the holy spirit to help you. God bless you.

i have the same problem. i go to confession and after a while i do the same thing again. i am ashamed of myself and i want really want to stop.

i really hope i can get through this. please pray for me too.

Lord Jesus,You said,
"I have come to set the captives free."
We are captive and need Your healing touch.
Free us, Lord, from our addictions,
so that we will be:
...free from the cares and worries that stifle our happiness;
...free from sins that cling to us, and to which we cling;
...free from all compulsive behavior
that prevents us from becoming what You, Lord,
have planned for us.
Bring us, loving Savior,
to the experience of abundant life
which You promised.
Amen

Lord Jesus,You said,
"I have come to set the captives free."
We are captive and need Your healing touch.
Free us, Lord, from our addictions,
so that we will be:
…free from the cares and worries that stifle our happiness;
…free from sins that cling to us, and to which we cling;
…free from all compulsive behavior
that prevents us from becoming what You, Lord,
have planned for us.
Bring us, loving Savior,
to the experience of abundant life
which You promised.
Amen

I’ll pray for you but a word: STOP! STOP DOING IT!

With prayer, you must also play your part!:stuck_out_tongue: But the Blessed Virgin will definitely help you by giving you the graces which you need.

You must make a resolution to just stop masturbating. If you feel the urge just imagine yourself going to Mary and declaring that you will not do that sin. Don’t look the temptation in the face or else, you’ll get scared. If a woman is trying to get seduced, she go to her husband and declare her fidelity towards him, and not go on a tyrade against the pervert.

Realize that the pleasure which you get during masturbation (and I should know as I used to do it all the time.) is damn it! nothing. You recieve a moments pleasure and I just have to say it, damn it, you lose your innocence and you forfeit heaven, and God and Mary’s love. But if you truimph over sin then you’ll recieve God and Mary’s love and the admiration of the Saints!

Maturbation is not natural. You recieve a stupid temptation to recieve sensual pleasure. No Saint went to heaven who kept on masturbating during his or her life. I mean, really, do you imagine Siant Dominic Savio sinning against purity? What about Maria Goretti? What about the little flower?

Amen! You need to make a decision and resolve to never do it again. It IS possible. Think about it, you would never consider doing such a thing when around other people right? In fact it would not even be an option in your mind. In the same way you must remove the option when you are alone. Resolve that it will never be an option ever again. No mater what feeling you might have, you have to resolve that you will never give your “will” over to the feeling. Your body can scream out all it wants but it can never force YOU into gratifying its desire.
You have to resolve that you are DONE being controlled by this which you know is wrong. Also if you can, go to Mass every day. Receive the Lord in Eucharist as often as you can. AND, Pray the rosary EVERY DAY. Resolve to be done with this once and for all and right away begin taking the necessary steps that will strengthen you to stand firm in your decision.
Praying for you. I pray that you will resolve to be done with this, once and for all. Please allow the rest of us to be blessed in our prayers for you by resolving to never do this again. Please, let us know. We all are effected and will be greatly blessed in your success. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.