"I am ALL Yours" - "Totus Tuus"!

Mary%20with%20Holy%20Spirit
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Those who have consecrated themselves to Jesus through Mary, are familiar with the “Short Form” of Consecration as given in Chapter 7 of St. Louis de Montfort’s treatise on "True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin:

1. Every year at least, on the same date, they should renew the consecration following the same exercises for three weeks. They might also renew it every month or even every day by saying this short prayer: "I am all yours and all I have is yours, O dear Jesus, through Mary, your holy Mother."

St. Louis had prayed that there might one day be a “Confraternity” for those who consecrated themselves and the Montfort Fathers have that Confraternity organized. After you have prayed the Prayer of Consecration you can be enrolled in the Association of Mary Queen of all Hearts at: http://queenofallhearts.com/enrollment/

The website is maintained by the Montfort Fathers and has some good information that may help you in your desire to grow closer to Jesus through Mary. By the power of the Holy Spirit, may we all grow daily closer to Jesus through Mary, obeying the Words of Jesus from His Cross:

Behold Your Mother

2 Likes

Dear patricius,

Thanks for your “heart” to let me know you read about the possibility for enrolling in the Association of Mary, Queen of all Hearts., and also the “Short Form” of theConsecration. You and others are probably aware of the words “Totus Tuus” (All Yours) as Pope St. John Paul II’s Papal Motto. He wrote that his reading of St. Louis de Montfort’s “True Devotion” was a turning point in his young life.

May the Lord continue to bless you and all of us as we continue to love and honor our Mother. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, Deborah Mary.

The main mystery celebrated by members of the Association of Mary, Queen of All Hearts, is the mystery of the Incarnation, which teaches us to depend on our Blessed Mother for everything:

THOSE who undertake this holy slavery should have a very special devotion to the great mystery of the Incarnation of the Word on the 25th of March. Indeed, the Incarnation is the proper mystery of this practice, inasmuch as it was a devotion inspired by the Holy Ghost, first, to honour and imitate the ineffable dependence which God the Son has been pleased to have on Mary, for His Father’s glory and our salvation; which dependence particularly appears in this mystery, where Jesus is a captive and a slave in the bosom of the divine Mary, and depends upon her for all things; secondly, to thank God for the incomparable graces He has given Mary, and particularly for having chosen her to be His most holy Mother, which choice was made in this mystery. These are the two principal ends of the slavery of Jesus in Mary.
https://www.ecatholic2000.com/montfort/true/devotion.shtml

1 Like

Dear patricius,

Thanks again for the quote from St. Louis de Montfort! How true it is that the great mystery of the Incarnation of the Word on March 25 is very special to those who practice True Devotion to Mary!
First "to honor and imitate the ineffable dependence which God the Son has been pleased to have on Mary , for His Father’s glory and our salvation; which dependence particularly appears in this mystery, where Jesus is a captive and a slave in the bosom of the divine Mary, and depends upon her for all things; secondly to thank God for the incomparable graces He has given Mary, and particularly for having chosen her to be His most holy Mother , which choice was made in this mystery.

By God’s Grace may we depend on Mary as Jesus did on this earth! Thank you, Father, for giving Jesus to us through Mary, by the power of Your Holy Spirit!

1 Like

May we we all find our home in the Immaculate Heart of Mary!

This reminds me of a passage from True Devotion to Mary where St. Louis explains the example Jesus left us regarding how to best glorify God and help Jesus save souls:

This good Master has not disdained to shut Himself up in the womb of the Blessed Virgin, as a captive and as a loving slave, and to be subject and obedient to her for thirty years. It is here, I repeat it, that the human mind loses itself when it seriously reflects on the conduct of the Incarnate Wisdom, who has not willed, though He might have done so, to give Himself to men directly, but through the Blessed Virgin. He did not will to come into the world at the age of a perfect man, independent of others, but like a poor and little babe, dependent on the cares and nourishment of this holy Mother. He is that Infinite Wisdom, who had a boundless desire to glorify God His Father, and to save men; and yet He found no more perfect means, no shorter way to do it, than to submit Himself in all things to the Blessed Virgin, not only during the first eight, ten, or fifteen years of His life, like other children, but for thirty years! He gave more glory to God His Father during all that time of submission and dependence to our Blessed Lady than He would have given Him if He had employed those thirty years in working miracles, in preaching to the whole earth, and in converting all men, seeing that His heavenly Father and Himself had ruled it thus: Quce placita sunt ei, facio semper . Oh! how highly we glorify God, when, after the example of Jesus, we submit ourselves to Mary!

Having, then, before our eyes an example so plain and so well known to the whole world, are we so senseless as to imagine that we can find a more perfect or a shorter means of glorifying God than that of submitting ourselves to Mary, after the example of her Son?
https://www.ecatholic2000.com/montfort/true/devotion.shtml

2 Likes

Thanks Katie, for your “heart”. Sorry for my delayed thanks to you. I really appreciate you and others who may not have time to say more on threads but encourage all of us knowing you read and appreciated the wisdom God gave to St. Louis de Montfort. More and more I’m convinced he is a saint for our present time – even as he has been a saint for over 200 hundred years. :slight_smile:

Especially now, the world needs Mary to help us all as we seek to cooperate with God’s Grace, overcoming the evil one, crushing the head of the serpent with Jesus through Mary. We will suffer as they did, but we will be enabled to win the victory as they did by The Mighty Power of God. The evil one hates Mary and the whole human family but Jesus and Mary remain more powerful than satan and Their Love is stronger than death!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.