I am being tempted greatly

Hi everyone. I am being tempted greatly tonight. I am already in a state of mortal sin and am considering committing another one but I don’t want to offend God yet again. I know I’m already condemned to Hell due to being a state of mortal sin but I really don’t want to offend God even more than I already have. So could you all please pray for me that I would not give in to temptation tonight? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Praying:To the one who is able to keep you from stumbling and to preserve you unblimished and exultant,in the presence of his glory,to the only God,our Savior,through Jesus Christ our Lord be glory,majesty,power,and authority from ages past,now and for ages to come,Amen.St.Jude 24,25.:signofcross:

Thank you wardrandolph. :slight_smile:

Prayers Holly , may Lord grant you strenght and inner peace to overcome all temptations .

**God, by whom the meek are guided in judgment, and light rises up in darkness for the godly: Grant us, in all our doubts , uncertainties and temptations , the grace to ask what You would have us to do, that the Spirit of wisdom may save us from all false choices, and that in Your light we may see light, and in Your straight path may not stumble; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. **
*( prayer taken from 2heartsnetwork.com ) *

God bless !

Well, I gave in to the temptation. :frowning: I am so sorry to have let you all down. I did pray an Act of Perfect Contrition though so that should hold me over until confession on Saturday.

Praying for you!

Praying for you, don’t give up God is faithful He will help you overcome this sin. My advice would be to recieve the sacrament of reconciliation frequently so as to not stumble into that sin again.
Also try to avoid any situation in which will cause you to sin, and pray persistantly!
“Put on the armor of God, so you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil” Ephesians 6:13

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee!
Blessed art thou amongst women and Blessed is the fruit of Thy womb Jesus!
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.