I am being tempted to leave the Church

Hi everyone. I am struggling with temptation to leave the Church at this time. Please pray for me. I am being tempted to leave the Catholic Church for the Mormon church because I really like their doctrines. That and I have read some Mormon apologetics sites in the past and a lot of what they said made sense. :blush: Please pray for me. :frowning:

I will be praying for you. Saint Michael the Archangel is a patron saint against temptations and of battle. This is a battle you are fighting at this time, and I pray God will give you strength to stand strong.

Hail, Mary
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with you.
Blessed are you amongst women,
And blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God.
Pray for us sinners now,
And at the hour of our death.

God Bless!
Ericka

May the Holy Spirit guide you, Holly.

Thanks everyone. I can already feel the temptations leaving me. :slight_smile:

You’re going through a difficult time, Holly, so your thoughts and your feelings will be up and down. I understand. Happens to me too that when things are particularly painful, my feelings go all over the place. :slight_smile:

Yeah you’re right. Right now I am enjoying a delicious French Vanilla Latte. ;):p:)

Good for you!!! I’m really glad you’re doing something pleasant for yourself!
I’d have one with you if I didn’t live so far away! :slight_smile:

Heh. I’m sure I would greatly enjoy having a latte with you Trishie. :smiley:

Yes, I sound pretty serious most of the time, but have a great sense of fun…and I know you have a lot of spirit and a good heart.
God bless you, Love.

:ehh:

Now… I don’t mind people who find faith in other beliefs or churches, but… couldn’t you have been tempted into something… more mindful? No offence but I find Mormons a little brainwashed, as much as I hate to admit that. :o

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Well, it’s just that their doctrine with the idea that most everybody will go to Heaven is so attractive because I have a family full of either non-Christians or non-practicing Christians. Thankfully my sister and brother-in-law and nieces and nephews do go to church. It’s not a Catholic Church but at least they are in some church. And no, it’s not a Mormon church. I would not rejoice over that. :wink:

As much as I may find the Mormon church’s doctrines attractive, I really do not like the Mormon church that much. For one thing, they took away the “blessings” of my “baptism” and “confirmation” just because I resigned from the church. Such things ought to be permanent in my opinion. Thankfully with the Catholic Church, they are permanent.

But what in blazes does ‘attractive’ have to do with anything? Being attractive won’t make their doctrines any more likely to be true, nor any more likely to be spiritually beneficial for you. :shrug:

Believing that your non-practicing family is highly likely to go to heaven isn’t going to change their real ultimate destination one iota, is it? And surely, being reasonably intelligent, you wouldn’t seriously become Mormon and all of a sudden become certain that they’re mostly going to heaven?

The Truth is beautiful and the Catholic Church has the Truth, for she is the Body of Christ, and Christ is the Truth, and just as a body needs a soul, so too the Church is animated by the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ, just as Jesus is, and Jesus Christ has said, “I have much to tell you, but you cannot bear it now; but the Spirit of Truth will come and He will lead you into all truths.”

Praying!

I wanted to recommend a small book “The Faith Explained” by Leo Trese. It provides a clear and readable explanation of why our Church is the one to stay with.

Also, keep praying and ensure you are in a state of grace by frequenting the sacraments especially Penance, and the Eucharist. Add in Eucharistic devotion also.

For a little humor, check out the comedy and skit videos posted at www.4marks.com.

I will pray for you also. Like Saint Paul, run the race to the finish.

Praying for you Holly,

You’ll be fine! You don’t want to lose Jesus in the Eucharist- think of how sad that would be!

You do know that Joseph Smith put a bag over his head and wore “special glasses” when he dictated the Book of Mormon?

And where are those darn “Golden Discs”?

I guess it’s cool you get your own planet when you die!
Coo Coo!

Great points LilyM.Love your honesty and gift for words.Peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.