I am both sad and hopeful

anyone else ever feel this way?

Sure, I feel that way sometimes.

I know deep down that God is in control, that in the end we will be with Him in paradise, and that evil will fail. Sometimes remembering all that in the midst of daily struggles is difficult though. Clinging to Him in prayer and the sacraments helps me -- I find myself longing to be at mass and receive Holy Communion.

This made me think of Elisabeth Leseur, a woman who is being considered for sainthood. She was quite remarkable, and had much sorrow and hope in her life simultaneously. After her death, her atheist husband became a Catholic priest! (I need to find out how to check on the status of her sainthood..... )

Been there all week! Hang in there.

"[W]hatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things."
Philippians 4:8

:hug1:

Plenty of time. :wink: But it’s possible to feel sad and happy at the same time, although obviously for different reasons or at least in different perspective. :wink:

In fact, I suppose, on a theological point, we should generally be hopeful whenever we’re sad, but I wouldn’t bet my lunch money on my theological skill. :wink:

Yes, iv been feeling that way for some time now. But it has helped me to grow closer to the Lord. Sainthood can only be achieved when we overcome this kind of tribulations, so hang in there :wink:

Godbless

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.