I am Calling For a Revision of The Catechism

I am calling for a revision of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

It has been corrected before, and it can be amended again, again and again.

If the Holy See wants to be Honest, Truthful, and Faithful to the message of Jesus-Christ, it must correct all the discrepencies found in its Official Teaching, beginning with that infamous paragraph about Islam.

Other corrections must be made, in my opinion, concerning other subjects that I will write about later.

The Holy See MUST stop being politically correct. I am sick and tired of it. It is now everywhere in our world.

The last place I expected it to be is in my Holy Catholic Church. I am very sad.

I thought my Church would take God seriously, and place Him above all humans, obeying Him and Trusting Him. I guess NOT.

Can’t we be Honest, for God’s sake, regardless of the consequences?

If God is with us, who can be against us?

You can’t tell the Vatican what to do!!!http://bestsmileys.com/nono/1.gifHave you lost it???http://bestsmileys.com/angry2/11.gifYou and RSisco need to read who Jesus put in charge:tsktsk: :banghead:

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]You can’t tell the Vatican what to do!!!http://bestsmileys.com/nono/1.gifHave you lost it???http://bestsmileys.com/angry2/11.gifYou and RSisco need to read who Jesus put in charge:tsktsk: :banghead:
[/quote]

Why not? Are you saying that the Vatican by itself is infallible?

Or are you saying the the Holy See is out of touch with its faithful?

Or Are you saying that the Vatican’s teachings are the following, take them or leave it?

Or are you saying that the Vatican is above all, including God?

Or are you saying that the Vatican thinks that its teachings about other religions are true, that it cannot see otherwise, regardless of the proven lies of Islam, for example?

Or are you saying that Nobody in the Vatican will listen to poor lay people like us?

Or are you saying that the Vatican knows better?

Why?

[quote=USCatholic]I am calling for a revision of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

If the Holy See wants to be Honest, Truthful, and Faithful to the message of Jesus-Christ, it must correct all the discrepencies found in its Official Teaching, beginning with that infamous paragraph about Islam.

Other corrections must be made, in my opinion, concerning other subjects that I will write about later.

The Holy See MUST stop being politically correct. I am sick and tired of it. It is now everywhere in our world.

The last place I expected it to be is in my Holy Catholic Church. I am very sad.

I thought my Church would take God seriously, and place Him above all humans, obeying Him and Trusting Him. I guess NOT.

[/quote]

Newsflash:

It’s not YOUR Catholic Church.
It’s Christ’s.
And He left Peter in charge. Not YOU.

Look, if you are having problems understanding what the Church is teaching…open your mind, open your heart, pray…and then go read the documentation the Vatican has available at your fingertips which explain precisely WHY they reached the conclusions they did.

The error is not in the Church’s teaching.
The error is in your limited ability to seek the truth and your lack of faith in God and the Holy Spirit to guide HIS Church in matters of faith.

[quote=USCatholic]Why not? Are you saying that the Vatican by itself is infallible?

Or are you saying the the Holy See is out of touch with its faithful?

Or Are you saying that the Vatican’s teachings are the following, take them or leave it?

Or are you saying that the Vatican is above all, including God?

Or are you saying that the Vatican thinks that its teachings about other religions are true, that it cannot see otherwise, regardless of the proven lies of Islam, for example?

Or are you saying that Nobody in the Vatican will listen to poor lay people like us?

Or are you saying that the Vatican knows better?

Why?
[/quote]

BECAUSE JESUS SAID SO.

We are saying that God entrusted the Vatican personally to lead His Church.

When did He speak to you to personally hand over such authority to you?

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]You can’t tell the Vatican what to do!!!http://bestsmileys.com/nono/1.gifHave you lost it???http://bestsmileys.com/angry2/11.gifYou and RSisco need to read who Jesus put in charge:tsktsk: :banghead:
[/quote]

LOL - who let Abe Vigoda into this thread?

[quote=YinYangMom]BECAUSE JESUS SAID SO.

We are saying that God entrusted the Vatican personally to lead His Church.

When did He speak to you to personally hand over such authority to you?
[/quote]

I do not claim any authority, what I am saying is the Vatican made mistakes in the past and it corrected them.

In my opinion, some teachings of the Catechism are not correct and need to be changed.

The Vatican knows it, but is not doing it.

[quote=USCatholic]I do not claim any authority, what I am saying is the Vatican made mistakes in the past and it corrected them.

In my opinion, some teachings of the Catechism are not correct and need to be changed.

The Vatican knows it, but is not doing it.
[/quote]

But your opinion that the Vatican is in error is just that -
an opinion.

The Vatican’s position is guided by the Holy Spirit.

Who guides yours?
And why are you so certain the Vatican is
a) wrong
and
b) the Vatican KNOWS it is wrong?

[quote=YinYangMom]But your opinion that the Vatican is in error is just that -
an opinion.

The Vatican’s position is guided by the Holy Spirit.

Who guides yours?
And why are you so certain the Vatican is
a) wrong
and
b) the Vatican KNOWS it is wrong?
[/quote]

The Holy See is made out of Humans, and Humans make mistakes, even if they are guided by the Holy Spirit, they are still Humans, and the Holy Spirit will guide them to correcting these mistakes as He did previously throughtout the years.

I am certain that the Holy See is wrong and knows about it, concerning the teaching about Islam, in this case, because of all the experts, the expertise, the knowledge, the Holy See possesses about all subjects, especially other religions.

Peace be with you!

This sounds dangerously close to Martin Luther…

What is wrong with the Catechism, in your opinion? I know you want them to say that all Muslims are evil and going to hell, but what else? And the Holy See is NOT being politically correct. If it were, we would have women priests, homosexual marriage, abortion, and birth control. In fact, our new Holy Father, Benedict XVI, has stated that the Catholic Church is not a democracy…that seems to be saying the opposite of political correctness.
Church doctrine has never been changed in the past, nor can it be changed now. You are mistaken if you think they have CHANGED things before; they have made certain things more clear or better understood, but Church doctrine CANNOT be changed, especially because a lay person feels it should.

In Christ,
Rand

In Christ,
Rand

[quote=USCatholic]The Holy See is made out of Humans, and Humans make mistakes, even if they are guided by the Holy Spirit, they are still Humans, and the Holy Spirit will guide them to correcting these mistakes as He did previously throughtout the years.
[/quote]

Do you not believe in papal infallibility? The Holy See has never made a mistake in teaching the Gospel or doctrine. Those are the places they are guided by the Holy Spirit. If they were teaching heresy, scripture and Christ would have failed us because “the gates of hell shall never prevail against it”.

In Christ,
Rand

[quote=USCatholic]I am calling for a revision of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

[/quote]

Follow Pope Pius XIII or Pope Michael I or any other of the schismatics who make themselves pope and start their own little church.

You could even make yourself pope, since it’s obvious Jesus Christ wanted to put you in charge of His Church. I’ve got the perfect name for you to take - Pope Ludicrous I since it describes your opinion about the Catechism.

[quote=Rand Al’Thor]Peace be with you!

This sounds dangerously close to Martin Luther…

What is wrong with the Catechism, in your opinion? I know you want them to say that all Muslims are evil and going to hell, but what else? And the Holy See is NOT being politically correct. If it were, we would have women priests, homosexual marriage, abortion, and birth control. In fact, our new Holy Father, Benedict XVI, has stated that the Catholic Church is not a democracy…that seems to be saying the opposite of political correctness.
Church doctrine has never been changed in the past, nor can it be changed now. You are mistaken if you think they have CHANGED things before; they have made certain things more clear or better understood, but Church doctrine CANNOT be changed, especially because a lay person feels it should.

In Christ,
Rand

In Christ,
Rand
[/quote]

Saying things about other religions is NOT a Church Doctrine.

The Holy See opined about Islam, and it opinion and teaching is WRONG.

And yes, the Church did it out of political correctness.

She doesn’t want to make millions of Muslims angry. And you know what the Muslims can do when they are angry.

That is differerent from the Church’s internal affairs. Women, gays, etc, will not blow themselves up in St. Peter’s Square.

[quote=USCatholic]The Holy See is made out of Humans, and Humans make mistakes, even if they are guided by the Holy Spirit, they are still Humans, and the Holy Spirit will guide them to correcting these mistakes as He did previously throughtout the years.

I am certain that the Holy See is wrong and knows about it, concerning the teaching about Islam, in this case, because of all the experts, the expertise, the knowledge, the Holy See possesses about all subjects, especially other religions.
[/quote]

When did the Holy See err on teachings of faith and morals? Give some examples of these mistakes and when they were corrected.

Unless you can come up with specific examples, I suggest you keep your hatred of the Holy See to yourself.

[quote=Swiss Guard]Follow Pope Pius XIII or Pope Michael I or any other of the schismatics who make themselves pope and start their own little church.

You could even make yourself pope, since it’s obvious Jesus Christ wanted to put you in charge of His Church. I’ve got the perfect name for you to take - Pope Ludicrous I since it describes your opinion about the Catechism.
[/quote]

Thank you.

I’ll think about it.

In the mean time, I just found out that the Muslims are not the only ones who are brainwashed.

Now please, let’s not start with personal attacks.

And it is BECAUSE of all the experts, expertise, knowledge the Holy See possesses about other religions that I believe what they say about Islam is true.

Why don’t you?

[quote=Rand Al’Thor]Do you not believe in papal infallibility? The Holy See has never made a mistake in teaching the Gospel or doctrine. Those are the places they are guided by the Holy Spirit. If they were teaching heresy, scripture and Christ would have failed us because “the gates of hell shall never prevail against it”.

In Christ,
Rand
[/quote]

Pope Ludicrous I a/k/a USCatholic believes only he is infallible. The Church is wrong and she better correct her mistake pronto because Pope Ludicrous I said so!

What’s the deal with the nutjobs lately?

[quote=Swiss Guard]When did the Holy See err on teachings of faith and morals? Give some examples of these mistakes and when they were corrected.

Unless you can come up with specific examples, I suggest you keep your hatred of the Holy See to yourself.
[/quote]

It is out of LOVE for the Holy See that I am writing.

I do not want the Holy See to err, especially when it comes to Islam.

As for Church’s current doctrines, moral teachings, etc., I am totally submitted to Her.

[quote=USCatholic]Thank you.

I’ll think about it.

In the mean time, I just found out that the Muslims are not the only ones who are brainwashed.

Now please, let’s not start with personal attacks.
[/quote]

You call me brainwashed and then tell me to stop the personal attacks.

OK Your Phoneyness, I’ll stop with the personal attacks. Now please do the rest of us a favor and stop with your idiotic comments.

[quote=USCatholic]It is out of LOVE for the Holy See that I am writing.

I do not want the Holy See to err, especially when it comes to Islam.

As for Church’s current doctrines, moral teachings, etc., I am totally submitted to Her.
[/quote]

You never gave me an example of where the Church has erred in the past on faith and morals. I’m still waiting for an answer.

If you believe the Church has erred you are no longer Catholic. You might as well start your own church Pope Ludicrous I. Hey, there’s enough nutjobs in the world to get a decent following.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.